Prologue

The video is basically my reason for this story. I wanted to explore what it would be like for Powder/Jinx if she had a healthy father figure in her life after the deaths of Mylo, Claggor, and Vander.

Don't get me wrong. I like the relationship between Jinx and Silco. It's complex, well-written, and tragic. The video pretty much explains why it's tragic and complex but also unhealthy. I just wanted Jinx to have a healthy relationship with a father figure. Hope you enjoy. 😉

.................................................

As Powder sobbed in the rain, she didn't notice the man approaching her. The man wore a black long-sleeved shirt, black leather gloves, black trousers, and black knee-high boots. He also wore a black face-mask and a hood, hiding his face.

The man sensed Arcane in the area and came to investigate. He didn't expect to find a burning building, a dead body, and a crying little girl. He kneeled down in front of Powder and softly greeted her. "Hey, kid."

Powder looked up at him as tears streamed down her dirty face. "Can you...tell me what happened?" the man asked. Desperate for comfort, Powder lunged forward and tackled him into a hug. "I...I didn't m-mean to. I-I just...I just wanted to help," she sobbed.

Then a realization hit him like a train. Somehow, this little girl got her hands on an unstable Arcane crystals and accidentally caused an explosion that killed people. He also recognized the body; it was Vander.

Grief hit him as tears slid down his face behind his mask. He hugged her back as they both grieved. After a long moment, the man asked in a gentle voice, "Can you look at me?"

Powder looked up at him as he pulled off his hood and mask. He had unruly, wavy black hair, deep brown eyes, and pale skin. "My name is Alexander. What's your name?"

"P-Powder."

"Powder, it's going to be okay."

"P-Please, d-don't leave me. I-I don't want to be alone."

"It's okay. I won't leave you; I promise." Powder nuzzled her face into his chest and clung tighter to him. He rested his chin on her head. After a moment, Alexander said, "Come on. Let's get out of here." Powder looked up and nodded.

He stood up as he lifted Powder into his arms and held her like Vander used to, and Powder clung to him like a lifeline. Normally he'd teleport, but he didn't want to trigger the now- traumatized girl. He turned and walked, disappearing into the shadows.