Sisters Reunited

Alexander was working on some paperwork when he heard a knock on the door. He looked up to see Ekko poking his and through the door. "Hey, Ekko. What is it?" he asked as the boy stepped in. He closed behind the door behind him.

"Well..." Ekko walked over to the desk. "One of the scouts returned, and you won't believe who they saw."

"Who?"

"Vi." Alexander's eyes widened in shock. "Are you sure?" Ekko nodded, and Alexander sighed. "Have you... have you told Jinx yet?"

"No, not yet." Alexander sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Come on. Let's her together." Ekko smiled at the idea and followed Alexander out of the office.

They walked to the other side of the tree to the metal door. Ekko opened it, revealing a large room. The grey walls and floor were covered in paintings of animals and different symbols. There was a bed against the right wall with a dresser across from it. By the dresser was a large doll that looked like Mylo and a small stuffed animal wearing Claggor's goggles.

Across from the two was Jinx with her back to them, tinkering with an invention wearing goggles while rocking out to music blasting out of the speaker on her desk.

"Jinx!" Ekko tried to yell over the music, but Jinx didn't hear him. "Jinx!" Alexander tried, but she didn't hear him either. Alexander let out an irritated sigh,walked over to her desk, and turned off the music.

"Hi," she greeted as Ekko joined Alexander's side. "Jinx, how many times have I told you not to blast your music?" Alexander asked, very irritated. "I don't know. I lost count."

"Of course you did," Ekko commented. "Jinx, if you keep blasting your music, I will take away your speaker," Alexander stated. "Okay, okay, fine. I'll stop."

"Good. Now, Ekko and I... we have something important to tell you." Jinx lifted her goggles up and rested them on her forehead. "What is it?"

"One of the scouts returned, and they saw someone," Ekko explained. "So, is who it? Is another shimmer addict?"

"No, it's...it's Vi," Alexander replied. Jinx's eyes widened in shock as she sucked in a sharp breath. Suddenly, Mylo appeared beside Jinx and whispered, "She's not back for you. She left you. Who wants a jinx?"

"Shut up!" Jinx snapped, swinging her fist at Mylo. Mylo disappeared, but she could still hear his cruel laugh. "Jinx?" Alexander asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry. It's Mylo again."

"It's fine, Jinx. Remember, ignore him when he says negative things," Alexander advised. "I know. It's hard sometimes, though."

"We know," Ekko replied. "Do you need some time?" Alexander asked. She nodded, and Ekko said, "Okay. Let us know if you need anything."

"I will." Alexander and Ekko left the room, and Jinx sighed. Mylo returned and whispered, "Vi hates you."

"No, she doesn't."

"Yes, she does. You know you deserve it. After all, you're a monster."

"I'm not a monster! It was an accident!"

"An accident that killed us."

"I know, I know. You don't need to remind me. Just leave me alone."

"We'll never leave you alone."

"Then be quiet. Besides, I..." An idea popped into her mind. "I've gotta find Vi." She got up and left her room.

......................................................................

Caitlyn helped Vi walk down the road toward a large neon pink sign that looked like an eye. They were up on by the sign as it was being supported by wooden beams that supported it from below.