7 years later...

On an airship at the Piltover port, Sevika and her crew were at the ship, bribing the captain, so they could smuggle shimmer to another city. Things were going smoothly until the Firelights showed up. They trapped Sevika and her crew in specialized crystals. "We have five minutes before they break free," their leader said, checking his stopwatch.

One of the Firelights opened one of the barrels, revealing shimmer. "I've never seen this much shimmer in one place," she admitted. "Then we better hurry. Burn it all," their leader ordered. Then, somehow, Sevika broke free and attacked. The Firelights fought back, but she quickly wiped the floor with them because, unlike the other goons, Sevika was much faster and more strategic.

Sevika was about to kill one when she felt something attach itself on her back. She looked over her shoulder to see a familiar grenade attached to her shoulder. Before Sevika could react, it blew up, and pink powder blinded her.

Then, a figure came out of nowhere and punched her hard in the face, knocking her down. Sevika looked up to see Alexander wore all black and a mask. "Son of a..."

He punched her hard in the face, knocking her unconscious. He looked up and saw his daughter Jinx shooting a dart at a free goon. The dart struck him in his neck, and suddenly, his vision got blurry. He collapsed unconscious, and Jinx let out a chuckle.

"Good job," Alexander said. She smiled brightly and turned to the Firelights. Their pulled off his mask, revealing that it was Ekko. "Nice timing, you two."

"You're welcome," Jinx replied with a smirk. "Come on. Let's burn all this shimmer," Ekko stated. Alexander and Jinx helped the Firelights pour the shimmer onto the deck and drop flares onto it. Purple fire rose from the shimmer, filling the airship with smoke.

As the Firelights, Alexander, and Jinx made their off the airship, Jinx froze. She saw one of Silco's goons, and she had short pink hair. "Vi?" she muttered.

Suddenly, she was no longer on the airship. Instead, she was back at that day when everything went horribly wrong.

"Because you're a jinx!" Vi's voice echoed through her mind. Her heart began pounding as she began to hyperventilate. Ekko and Alexander noticed and rushed to her.

"Jinx, can you hear me?" Ekko asked. Jinx nodded, though she wasn't sure who it was. "Jinx, it's us. It's Alexander and Ekko. Just focus on our voices," Ekko stated. "Breathe, Jinx. Just breathe," Alexander added.

Jinx sucked in deep breaths and quickly calmed down. "You okay?" Ekko asked. "Yeah. Let's get out of here before the Enforcers show up."

They ran out of the airship and joined up with the other Firelights. Jinx and Alexander grabbed their hoverboards that both Ekko and Jinx worked on. Jinx painted animals on hers, while Alexander's was painted blue. The Firelights, along with Alexander and Jinx, flew away and returned to their home/HQ.

When they returned, Ekko asked Jinx, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Ekko. Don't worry." With that, Jinx walked away, and Ekko and Alexander exchanged glances. "I'll check on her," Alexander stated. Ekko nodded and walked away. Alexander went into his room/office.

There was a small bed against the right wall, a wardrobe across from the bed, and a desk and chair by the far wall across from him. The ceiling was high up with wooden beams on it, supporting it. Above the desk was a small light dangling from the ceiling.

Alexander went over to his desk and plopped onto the chair, and sighed. He pulled down his hood and pulled off his mask. He placed the mask on the desk and asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"You and Ekko saw what happened," Jinx stated. She was up on the wooden beams, her legs dangling as she sat. "True, but I want to hear it from you."

Jinx dropped down onto the desk, wrapping her arms around her knees. "One of Silco's goons was a girl...with pink hair."

Alexander hummed thoughtfully and gestured for her to come closer. She scooted closer and rested her feet on his lap. She then rested her head against the side of his and sighed.

"It's okay to miss Vi. You know that," Alexander said. "I know. I just...there's a part of me that misses and loves her, but there's also another part of me that's still angry at her."

"I know, and that's perfectly normal considering what happened."

"Still, I wish I could just forget about it and move on, but...."

"I know." A moment of silence fell over the two before Alexander asked, "Do you want to hang out with Ekko? Or do you want to go tinker?"

"I don't feel like doing anything."

"I've got an idea. Come with me." He stood up, and Jinx asked, "Where are we going?"

"Stargazing." A huge smile formed on her face as she hopped off the desk. They walked out the room and climbed up onto the roof of one of the many abandoned buildings surrounding the Firelights hideout. The stars were shining brightly down on them as they sat on the rooftop.

"This never gets old," Jinx said. "No, it doesn't." They sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying the stars. For the first time in the past few weeks, Jinx felt like everything would be okay. Little did they know, things would change forever in the next couple days.