A Healing Session

Alexander was walking down the hall with Caitlyn later that day. Ekko, Jinx, and Vi were back at Caitlyn's house, waiting for them. "Are you nervous?" Caitlyn asked. "No. I've done this sort of thing before. It should be fine."

"Okay. I was just wondering because you seemed nervous."

"Really?"

"Yes." Alexander hummed, and his mind drifted to Silco. The last time he healed a dying person, it was Silco. Silco had gotten cancer, and Alexander had just discovered he could heal. Alexander had used his newfound ability to save him. He loved Silco and still did, but he wasn't sure if Silco still loved him. After all, they were enemies now; enemies that swore to stop each other.

Alexander snapped himself out of his thoughts when they walked up to a set of double doors. "Here we are," Caitlyn stated. He sighed, and Caitlyn asked, "Do you want me to be in there with you?"

"No. You can go home."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine." Caitlyn nodded once and walked back the way they came. Alexander cautiously opened the doors, revealing the lab. Viktor was sitting on a chair, and Jayce excitedly approached him.

"Thank you for coming."

"It's no problem. You're Viktor, right?"

"Yes," Viktor replied. Alexander approached him and asked, "How far along are you?"

"I... only a few months to live."

"I see."

"What do we need to do?" Jayce asked. "You, nothing. I just need the quiet. Viktor, I just need you to relax."
Viktor nodded in understanding, and Alexander closed his eyes and held out the crystal from earlier.

The crystal started glowing as he channeled energy into it. The crystal rose from his hand and projected blue blue symbols on the walls. Jayce and Viktor stared in awe as the symbols started to move. They drew in closer to the men and began to land on Viktor's body. Viktor was confused but didn't question it as it felt like a warm blanket that was draped over him.

Once all the symbols landed on Viktor, they merged together, forming a blue glow on Viktor. Then the glow slowly faded away, and the crystal stopped glowing. It dropped back into Alexander's hand, and he opened his eyes.

"That was incredible," Jayce breathed. "Viktor, how are you feeling?" Alexander asked. "I feel like my old self again."

"Does it feel like your strength returned?" Alexander asked. Viktor nodded, and Alexander smiled a bit. "Good. That means it worked."

"Thank you," Viktor replied with tears of joy filling his eyes. "You're welcome."

"Thank you so much for saving Viktor. You have no idea how much this means to us." Alexander gave a small before he sensed something off. It felt cold and dark. Alexander turned and saw the Hexcore on the desk.

"Is that the Hexcore?"

"Yes," Viktor replied, standing up. "Isn't it amazing?" Jayce asked with a broad smile. He was excited to see how an Arcane User would react to it. "It's corrupted."

"What?" Jayce questioned, very confused. "The Hexcore is corrupted. It absorbed negative feedback and is now extremely unstable."

"What do you mean by 'negative feedback'?" Viktor asked. "Negative emotions. Emotions that were so tangible and strong that it corrupted the Hexcore."

"So, you're saying emotions have an impact on Hextech?"

"Emotions impact Arcane in general. That's why I'm very careful when using Arcane because I know it can become unstable because of my emotions or outside forces."

Before either Jayce nor Viktor could respond, Heimerdinger walked in. "Professor? What are you doing here?" Jayce questioned. "I felt that something occurred in here."

"You're not wrong," Alexander replied, glancing at Viktor. "Professor, he healed Viktor. Viktor is going to live!"

"Really?" Heimerdinger asked, clearly surprised. "Well, I must say, we are very grateful for your help."

"It was no problem. Besides, I also need to warn you guys. Get rid of the Hexcore. It's far too unstable and corrupted to be used. If you try to use it, death and destruction will happen. Believe me, I've seen it myself."

"Thank you for the warning, and boys, I agree. That Hexcore...it looks like one that destroyed Piltover centuries ago."

"You're kidding," Jayce said, but both Heimerdinger and Alexander shook their heads. "Just be careful, okay?" Alexander asked. "We will, thank you," Viktor replied.

"Before you leave, may I ask you something, young man?" Heimerdinger asked.

"Sure. What is it?"

"How old are you?" Alexander was a bit taken aback the question but decided to answer. "I'm 31. Why?"

"I was just wondering. Besides, you seem...like you've been through a lot."

"Well...that tends to happen when you live in the Undercity."

"But you're Arcane User. You can go anywhere you want. Why stay there?" Jayce questioned. "Because, despite the shitty circumstances, it's still my home. It's where I came from, like my kids."

"You love then, don't you?" Viktor asked. "Like any parent would love their children. Speaking of them, I need to return to them."

"Will we ever see you again?" Viktor asked. "We'll see." With that, Alexander left the lab.