His usual spot was Jake.

-----------------------------------------

"Everything okay?" Jake asks softly, pulling Ni-ki closer.

"I just... need to be close." Ni-ki whispers. Jake nods in understanding and lets Ni-ki snuggle into his side on the bed. Ni-ki takes a big breath, inhaling Jake's comforting and familiar scent. He closes his eyes when Jake starts playing with his hair with one hand, the other was scrolling on his phone.

"You can rest, I'll be right here when you wake up." Jake assures, voice soft. Ni-ki scoots even closer to the older and rests his head on Jake's chest.

He didn't have to explain anything, he didn't have to talk about it, and he appreciated that.

He could just feel safe.

-----------------------------------------

"Ah... this again." Ni-ki mumbles. He sighs and lies down on the bed, covering himself with the blanket as he curls into a ball. It hits him all at once and the happiness he felt a few moments ago escaped from his grasp.

"Please." His voice is a silent whimper and he hates the knot forming in his throat; a sign that tears are coming. His fingers grip harshly at his hair, resulting in a hiss of pain but he doesn't care. He finds comfort in the pain. It was his own way of staying grounded.

"No thoughts. No thoughts. No thoughts." Ni-ki chants to himself, squeezing his eyes shut. Another whimper escapes his lips as the first tear falls.

He didn't even know why he was suddenly so sad and helpless.

There was no trigger.

There was no warning.

It just hits like a tidal wave, utterly drowning him beneath the drop of emotions.

Being happy was an intense high, and the lows of depression were the sudden withdrawal symptoms.

There was no fix, no way to make it stop.

"It's okay, Ni-ki... breathe... it will go away soon." He whispers to himself, shaking slightly as tears cover his cheeks.

Yeah... He just had to wait for the pain to subside. He's strong enough.

He has been this long, he can continue to be.

Even if it feels like dying.

-----------------------------------------