Chapter Two: It's...Just Pretend

A/N: Foul language, descriptions of humiliation, slightly intimate scene

"Enhypen."

The boys were not surprised when they heard their group name announced as the winners of an award. What surprised them was the amount of cheers coming from a room of mostly other artists.

If they only knew the trouble we went through to be here today....

And some of them did. It wasn't just them, and they knew that. Other groups had to go through just as much. Maybe more. At least they were all still together and physically safe.

The same could not be said for others.

"Wow." Jungwon says into the mic, looking out into the crowd. Sunghoon stood beside him, awkwardly placing a hand on his shoulder.

With Sunoo, the fan service was somehow natural. Awkward for him at first...but Sunoo made it so easy to relax, sometimes he forgot it was all for show.

It was different with Jungwon.

It was extremely awkward with Jungwon.

They were close of course, off camera. They'd hugged before, slept on each other's shoulders... but very rarely were they touchy with each other. So having to do it now...in such a place that it almost felt inappropriate...it was difficult to hide how uncomfortable they were with the orders.

An award show?

How could they be clingy here, unless one was crying?

And of course the company chose the members that cried the least.

In front of the cameras, that is.

Jungwon shifts and now it's Sunghoon standing in front of the mic.

"Uh..." Sunghoons voice was loud in the speakers, and a few giggles could be heard as he hesitated to speak.

"I thank the many fans for supporting us so much during our last comeback. Engene..." Sunghoon flinches when he feels Jungwon's arm wrap around his shoulder, pulling him closer.

"Engene!" Jungwon calls into the mic. There is an uproar in cheers and the members smile widely towards the crowd. Sunghoon glances over at Sunoo as he steps back into line.

The members keep their smiles on until they're off the stage and seated. And even then, they have to keep up their appearance.