Chapter Eight: Hidden - Exposed (Pt. 1)

A/N: Chapter includes foul language

"Let's break up."

"What?" Sunghoon asks.

Before anyone can say anything, there's a strange breathing sound heard towards the back of the group. Everyone turns around and faces Ni-ki who is clutching at his chest.

"Riki?" Jungwon calls quietly. Ni-ki slips to the floor and Jungwon grabs his arms just as Ni-ki closes his eyes and his body goes limp.

Heeseung and Miyoung run from the room, calling for the manager as Jay falls to his knees, pulling Ni-ki into his lap. Jungwon was visibly shaking as he watched Jay check his pulse.

Sunoo couldn't move. He was completely frozen. Everyone in the room seemed like they were against him.

Everyone except the one who had just fallen unconscious.

Sunoo crouches, hesitantly reaching towards Ni-ki, grabbing his hand.

"Ni-ki?" He whispers softly. He squeezed the boys' hand, but there was no movement in return.

"Ni-ki?" Sunoo calls louder this time, desperately shaking him. His hands go to Ni-ki's face and he pats his cheeks, tears coming to his eyes.

"I need you..." He whispers. His voice is so quiet no one else hears him.

"Everyone back up, medics are on the way." Dohyun says, rushing to Ni-ki's side.

Jay pulls at Sunoo, but Sunoo refuses to release Ni-ki's shirt.

"Get off me!" He hisses, harshly pushing Jay away. Dohyun shakes his head at Jay, motioning for him to back away.

Sunoo pulls Ni-ki's head into his lap and strokes his hair as his own tears fall. His free hand moves to Ni-ki's neck, where he could feel his scarily weak and slow pulse. This wasn't the pulse he remembered, this wasn't the strong, steady beat he was used to, and that terrified him.

He couldn't lose him.

He couldn't lose the one that had his back since the beginning.

The only one that didn't lie straight to his face.

—----------------------------‐—---------------‐—--

Ni-ki opened his eyes and felt a pressure on his right hand. He looks over and blinks, before realizing what the figure is.