Chapter Thirteen: A Breath

A/N: chapter contains fluff/cringe (imo), foul language, stuff (idk).
(NOT PROOFREAD)

"As of today, Riki Nishimura is no longer a part of Enhypen. You will continue as a six member group."

"No." Jungwon hisses, "Enhypen is incomplete without seven. We are nothing without Ni-ki."

"It isn't for debate, the company has already made their decision."

"Fuck the company, if Ni-ki is being dropped, then I want to end my contract." Heeseung growls, standing up.

"It's not that simple-"

"It sure seems to be! You can fire Ni-ki with no warning and no discussion with him. Why can't I also choose to leave?"

"Heeseung, I trie-"

"No. You didn't do anything. If Ni-ki is removed, then remove me as well." Heeseung's eyes are challenging. Sunoo also stands.

"Me too."

"And me." Jungwon gets to his feet.

"Guys..."

The remaining members stand, leaving Ni-ki the only one sitting.

"If Ni-ki leaves, so do we." Jungwon's voice is calm but firm. Dohyun stares at the boys in front of him, his lips turning into a small smile as seconds pass.

"I was hoping you would say that." He says gently. The members look at each other before looking back at their manager.

"Let's give the company hell."

-----------------------------------------

Enhypen confirmed to go on an indefinite hiatus.

Heeseung reads the article title and smiles. It had been almost three weeks since Dohyun had shared the news with them.

During that time, they had many serious, career changing meetings. They fought with everything they had to keep the group together. In the end, they were left with two options:

1. Let Ni-ki leave, and continue with their career.

2. Go on a hiatus as a group until the media found someone else to take interest in.

The second option was the obvious choice, but that didn't mean that it wasn't hard. The hiatus had no set end date. It could be a few months just as easily as it could be over a year. A hiatus meant more than just no music. It meant no activities at all. No photoshoots or modeling, no producing, no performances, and no communication with fans.