Chapter 54 - Ryan's POV

Warning: violence and death

"My head hurts," Lina sighs as she stands. "I can't study anymore."

She stretches her arms over her head, her untucked shirt lifting in the process. A strip of porcelain skin briefly exposed. My pencil remains half way to my paper as I watch her slip off her tie. She starts on the top few buttons of her shirt and I swallow hard.

I'm known to have pretty decent impulse control. To make sure that logic is the dominant factor in most of my decisions. But there's no avoiding the hormones that come with being a teenager.

Lina jumps up onto her bed and leans back on her elbows. We've been sneaking around for a little while now, slowly but surely easing our friends into the idea of us being together.

So when we lock eyes and she quirks a brow, I know exactly what it means. Schoolwork is abandoned on her desk as I all but sprint across the room. The moment I hit the bed, her lips are on mine.

She shifts our positions quickly, straddling my lap. My one hand weaves into her hair while the other lands on her exposed thigh. Our lips move together in tandem, tongues stroking and caressing each other.

Lina keeps her one hand on my chest to hold herself up and the other tangles in my hair. We've been fooling around for weeks but this is as far as we ever go.

I don't want Lina to feel any kind of pressure. And Charlie would actually kill me if I got a girl pregnant in high school.

But I'm not complaining. I stroke her soft skin with my thumb as she deepens the kiss. I gently bite her lower lip and she releases the prettiest whimper.

My phone buzzes in my pocket but I ignore it. Nothing could possibly be more urgent than the girl in my lap. It's probably Noah or one of my teammates. They can wait.

But it doesn't stop. Not like someone's calling and getting sent to voicemail. Just insistent buzzing. I finally break the kiss with a groan. Lina peppers kisses across my jaw and down my neck as I fish out my phone.

My brows furrow at the screen; I've never seen this alert before. I scan over the few words before unlocking my phone. This alert has bypassed every function of my phone, my screen flashing red.

Emergency Location Service Activated
Client: I. DiSilva
Last Known Location: Bies Industries
Current Location: Eastern Switzerland
Time since activation: 7 minutes

Just below that is a link that opens to the gps app. It shows a red dot moving across the map. Oh fuck.

"I need to go," I say abruptly, moving Lina off my lap.

I jump off the bed and slip my shoes back on. Lina sits on the edge of the bed, disappointment evident on her face. I give her a quick kiss and an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry," I say, already moving for the door. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Ry," she replies quietly. I hesitate at the door for a moment before leaving.

This alert, it's for emergencies. And it was triggered by Elle. You can't accidentally set this thing off. It's just about impossible. And Elle hates asking for help. So whatever is going on must be very fucking important.

I go straight to my room and rip off my uniform jacket. I dig around in my dresser for a moment before pulling out my handguns. I tuck two into my waistband before going back into the hall. I dial Rocco as I head downstairs.

He answers on the first ring, "did you get the alert?"

"Yeah," I affirm. "I'm heading out now."

"Grab Enzo," he orders.