Chapter 8

"Do you know how you have your powers?" Windu asks Astra.

"No sir," Astra admits, "I've been able to this since I was two. Never once have I wondered how or why."

"Scared, are you?" Yoda asks, Astra glancing over to him.

"You sense my emotions, Master Yoda," Astra states. Yoda hums in acknowledgement, but Astra nods to him, "yes, I'm scared. Scared of what I'm capable of. Scared of one day possibly hurting my brother. But the love and care I have for him outweighs my fears."

"Wise you are, for such a young woman," Yoda hums, nodding to her. "Miss your mother, do you?"

"Not really no," Astra admits, "I do but not too much."

Windu goes to speak but Anakin runs into the room, "bright star!"

"Ani," Astra kneels down to meet him, Obi-Wan jogging into the room with Qui-Gon. "What have I told you about running into a room when the doors are closed?"

"I know but I wanted to see you," Anakin tells her.

"Sorry Master's," Obi-Wan apologizes.

"It's fine, padawan Kenobi," Windu waves his hand towards him. "You may leave us." Astra looks over to the man and humanoid, as Obi-Wan walks over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. He nods to her, now offering her a hand. Astra moves her gaze back to Anakin, the boy nodding to her. Astra takes the hand, standing up and exiting the room with the Jedi Knights.

Walking out to a balcony, Obi-Wan is the first to speak, "the boy will not pass the counicl's test, Master. He's too old."

"Anakin will become a Jedi, I promise you," Qui-Gon says, looking out at the sun setting.

"And what about me?" Astra asks, "I don't have many answers, I have more questions."

Qui-Gon goes to reply but Obi-Wan interrupts, "Do not defy the council, Master, not again. It'd be best if the conuicl told her the prophecy."

"What prophecy?" Astra questions, turning her body and stopping them from walking any further.

"And you tried stopping me," Qui-Gon tells him, a small grin playing at his lips. Obi-Wan sighs, knowing he messed up. Turning to Astra, Qui-Gon begins reciting the prophecy words, "Born with a gift of something else, other than the force, able to bend both light and darkness, a savior be born. Loss and love shall be her friend. At 22 years of age is when she'll become immortal. And when all is lost, with the peace brought back and the dust settled may she die at the hands of her own blade."

Astra stumbles away, her face covered with shock. Walking over to the balcony, the two men look to the girl worriedly. "And you think that to be me?" Astra breathes heavily, gripping the railing tightly. "I'm going to lose him," Astra breathes out.

Obi-Wan looks over to Qui-Gon, "next time just wait for the council to tell her." Obi-Wan walks over to the girl, taking her hand, "Astra, whatever happens, you'll have done everything you could." She shakes her head, tears brimming her eyes. "Breathe, Astra. No matter if you lose anyone, they shall be with you through the force."

"Astra," Qui-Gon calls out to her, the girl looking over to him, "everything happens for a reason. Nothing is by accident, whatever happens will make sense."

"Leave me," Astra states, pink cracks covering her cheeks.