Chapter 2

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute. Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships the greedy Trade Federation had stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.

While the congress of the Republic endlessly debates this almaring chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict...

A planet sits in space, battleships scattered all across the skies of the planet. A small ship flies through space, approaching the blockade of ships. Two people in the ship wear cloaks, looking at the pilots. The taller man nods to the female, "tell them we wish to board at once."

The female nods, flipping some switches, "yes sir." a screen pops up in front of the pilot and captain. The Viceroy appears on the screen looking towards the captain. "With all due respect for the Trade Federation, the Ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately."

The shorter man answers, nervously fidgeting with hands. "Yes, yes, of course...ahh.. As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the Ambassadors...happy to."

The screen goes black, the pilot flying the ship into the hangar of the large battleship. A droid walks forward as the hooded men walk out of the plane. "I'm TC-14 at your service. This way please." The droid leads them down the hallway, taking them to a conference room. "I hope you honored sirs with comfort here. My master will be with you shortly." The droid bows to the men, and promptly leaves the room, the doors hissing shut.

Removing their hoods, the two men look around the room they've been brought to. Qui-gon stands tall, his shoulder length white-blonde hair is pulled back in a ponytail with striking blue eyes. Obi-wan stands beside him, his very short brown hair with light tan skin. A small braid curls over his shoulder as the only long piece of hair. Moving through the room, Obi-Wan looks over to Qui-Gon, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"I don't sense anything," Qui-Gon tells his padawan. The two men walk over to the table, still glancing around the room.

"It's not about the mission, Master. It's something..." Obi-Wan tells his companion, "elsewhere...elusive. More powerful."

"Don't center on your anxiety, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs," Qui-Gon tells his padawan wisely. Now sitting down, the two men relax a bit.

"Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future..." Obi-Wan trails off, remembering the wise words of the oldest Jedi master.

"...but not at the expense of the moment," Qui-Gon reminds the younger man, "be mindful of the living Force, my young padawan."

Obi-Wan nods to the older man, "yes master... how do you think the trade viceroy will deal with the chancellor's demands?"

Qui-Gon sighs, "these Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short."

ON THE FEDERATION BATTLESHIP BRIDGE

Nute Gunray stands beside Daultray Dofine, both men stunned before TC-14. Nervously fidgeting even more, Nute looks at the droid, "what?! What did you say?"

"The Ambassadors are Jedi Knights," TC-14 replies, "I believe.

Dofine shouts, "I knew it! They were sent to force a settlement, eh. Blind me, we're done for!"

BACK IN THE ROOM

A droid enters holding a tray, passing the two men their drinks. Obi-Wan drinks his slowly, before lowering and sniffing the air. The men jump out of their seats, igniting their lightsabers, and looking to the doors. The droid drops the tray, "apologies."