Chapter 1.1 Frostbound Encounters (AI Assisted)

Hello everyone.

I am currently working on the main story. have about 7 chapters done and decided to run my story through AI and see what happens. I have included the AI edited version and the original one I wrote and obviously the AI is a much better writer. Let me know if it's worth not using AI to edit since it's so much better then I am.

AI EDITED:

Snow enveloped the world around me in a frosty embrace as I strolled amidst the towering trees, lost in a labyrinth of thoughts with no distinct direction. Each exhale painted the air with a wispy fog, while my steps etched deep imprints, each about six inches deep, in the blanket of pristine snow. Five winters had passed, yet Chelmswell's biting cold remained an unyielding adversary, never to be conquered.

After hours of traversing the intricate maze of this frozen forest, I deemed my day's hunt fruitful and yearned to retreat to my humble abode, seeking refuge from the numbing cold.

A distant cry, barely perceptible amidst the howling winds, pierced through the serene solitude of the woods.

"HELP!!!"

The urgent plea echoed once more, cutting through the icy air and prompting me to hasten toward its source.

In the midst of the dense woodland, a clearing emerged, revealing an unexpected tableau: a girl engulfed in flames, a mesmerizing winged wolf, and a monstrous, bear-like creature. A spectacle wholly unexpected on this harsh wintry day.

The colossal monster, thrice the size of a typical grizzly bear, bore a coat of pristine white fur, seamlessly blending into the snow. How had such a creature eluded my path until now? Did they master the art of seasonal camouflage?

As I marveled at the colossal beast, subtle movements caught my eye from the periphery. In that fleeting distraction, the behemoth unleashed a thunderous roar, swiping at the girl, cowering against the base of a tree.

Reacting instinctively, I teleported between them, intercepting the attack to save her from a gruesome fate.

Halting the colossal paw, adorned with menacing claws, I startled the beast, redirecting its fury toward me. The creature wielded power, strength, and speed, unleashing a relentless barrage of strikes, fully intent on ending my life.

"I see your cubs behind that thicket. We've intruded, but you're no match for me. Let us depart in peace, or I'll be compelled to end your life," I declared, hoping the creature comprehended my intentions.

Acknowledging the disparity in our abilities, the massive beast turned, retreating on all fours, and ambled toward the underbrush, trailed by a procession of fluffy cubs.

Relieved to have detected the cubs before conflict escalated, I watched them vanish into the foliage, content that the encounter had resolved without bloodshed.

"Are you alright? I heard your call for help nearby," I addressed the girl and the wolf.

The wolf, a breathtaking sight, boasted black fur along its back, white on its chest and belly, a flaming red mane, a watery blue tail, and magnificent white wings. It captivated me momentarily, eclipsing the presence of the girl.

"Thank you for rescuing me," the girl said, her voice grateful yet tinged with fatigue. Her words drew my attention back, diverting my focus from the captivating wolf.

Her fiery red hair, once ablaze and untamed, now lay neatly along her side and back. Smooth, flawless light chocolate-colored skin peeked through her thin coat, hardly enough to stave off Chelmswell's bone-chilling winters. Her bright pink eyes met mine, causing my heart to skip a beat—an emotion long buried since that dreadful incident.