Chapter 16. Tournament part 5

"Ken! Hurry up! We need to go to the staff room and get my teleport artifact updated before everyone leaves for the tournament!" Genesis shouted as she waited outside of his dorm with Lovetta.

"Isn't it a little late? Weren't you all going to do that protection spell thing?" Ken said while yawning as he walked out of his dorm room.

"We all know you won't be able to get up, so we went ahead and already got the spell done. It took a whole hour!" Genesis complained to Ken as the three headed to the staffing room.

"Why did it take a whole hour? Don't they cast protection spells at the tournament, and it takes like 30 seconds?" Ken asked in confusion.

According to Genesis, the difference between the protection spells is that the one they cast during the tournament can be chipped away like how the fighters do and when enough damage is done over time, it will be destroyed.

However, in this case and during actual wars in the past, protection spells are cast where unless it can be broken by a stronger attack, it will remain permanently.

"Basically, the ones they cast at the tournament, if you just do damage to it over and over, eventually it will break.

But if you want to make love with me, someone need to be strong enough to break this divine level protection in one hit or the damage won't be sustained.

I can't believe they are so cautious to pay for a divine level spell!" Genesis explained sadly knowing they won't have a way to get around it during the month off from the academy.

"Well, I am happy they cast a strong spell so you two won't be able to make a baby in secret." Lovetta said happily able to calm down slightly from yesterday.

As the three reached the staff office, Ken got them to update Genesis's teleport location while asking them some questions and was happy with their responses.

After their quick visit, the three headed over to the stadium ground to have some breakfast and get ready for day 5 of the tournament.

With the top 10 finally joining the tournament, the atmosphere is now completely different and filled with excitement. But with 256 contestants still remaining, the arena continued to be divided into many grids to allow the matches to proceed in a timely fashion.

"You know, I never knew the rules before but how will the protection spell last when the top 10 heroes are fighting?" Ken wondered out loud.

"You really know nothing do you Ken. Do you even know who our headmistress is?"

"I mean, I know she is a descendant of the founder, right? Other than that, I don't know anything about her." Ken answered truthfully.

"Evelynn Dragonspire, the current headmistress of this academy is the most powerful defensive mage in the world and the person who is the closest to achieve a level higher than holy.

Her protection spell is the highest tier of holy level, and they say if she gets just 5% stronger, they won't know what to call it since no one other than the hero who caused the great reset had ever reached this level of power.

You do at least know that all major cities have many layers of activation magic in place for emergency defense, right? Because of our headmistress, if she was to activate the protection magic that's imbued in this city, it would either take multiple top heroes or a large group of mages focus their spell at one spot instantly to be powerful enough to break it." Genesis explained while Ken listened intently.

"So, it is possible to break a protection spell even if you aren't strong enough. Just need to have a few people combine their power, right? You made protection magic sound so strong, but you can still easily overcome it from number." Ken observed.