Chapter 67. Desire

"Morning Ken, time to wake up." Rose said as she began to shake the young man who's still fast asleep.

Without warning, Ken grabbed the homunculus girl and pulled her onto the bed as he snuggled with her without waking up.

"Wake up, idiot!" Rose said softly as Ken began to open his eyes.

"Why are you in my bed? Wouldn't your father get angry at me?" Ken murmured as he yawned and got up to stretch.

"You pulled me into the bed when I came in to wake you up!" Rose complained halfheartedly.

"Really? Sorry. You should have smacked me awake!" Ken replied as the pair got ready and headed into the school dining hall for some breakfast.

"So how many girlfriends do you have now?" Rose asked offhandedly as the pair walked amongst the other students.

"Mmm, let me count. 9? If I didn't forget anyone." Ken told Rose as he named each of the girls in his mind hoping he didn't forget one.

"Better put all your efforts into training and studying this month so you can learn space magic so those girls don't end up with a dead boyfriend." Rose commented as the pair got some breakfast and grabbed a table in the dining hall.

"You don't need to tell me twice. I would prefer to go on two exchanges a semester to maximize my time but I am at a loss as to where I could go that will be more beneficial than just staying at Dragonspire after I learn space magic from your dad." Ken replied as he had some delicious food and greeted the swarm of students that came over to greet him.

"So confident you could learn space magic, the most difficult to understand in a single month?" Rose questioned.

"Not a single month Rose. I've been studying hard for almost 4 years, I just can't wrap my head around the idea of space magic. Besides, Genesis was able to learn it in 3 days without any studying or training or even a teacher. I'm sure with the best teaching me, a month is plenty for me to get the basics and then I can work with the professors at Dragonespire to improve in the areas of need." Ken replied confidently as he greeted more students while waving in food in between sentences.

"Genesis is the blonde human that's always mad when I try to talk to you right? 3 days? You don't need to lie to me to make your girls seem more impressive." Rose replied, not believing someone could possibly learn space magic in such a short amount of time.

"Yep. The best healer at Dragonspire professor Aleheart bugs me every time I go and has her heal me after I stress my body out from trying to boost." Ken replied as the pair got ready and headed for the lesson.

"There is no possible way for anyone to learn space magic in only 3 days without already reaching divine level in all the other aspects. She's probably studying in secrecy and just trying to impress you and pretend she learned it in 3 days." Rose replied, still in total denial as the pair walked amongst the other students as Rose led Ken to the building where the beginner space magic lessons are held.

"Genesis can't even remember her own mother's gravesite after a few years and literally does nothing but follows me around all day daydreaming and getting yelled at by professors for doing nothing in class. I don't think she has what it takes to pretend to study." Ken replied with a chuckle as the pair entered the classroom with many other students.

"Settle down everyone. As you can see, we have a student from the famed Dragonspire here with us today. While he is no doubt talented, he couldn't learn space magic with the help of those at his home school and decided to join us to see if he could learn space magic. Since this is the beginner's course for space magic and none of you have managed to conjure it so far, it's a good chance to test your own abilities against the talent from the most famous school in the world.