Chapter 61. Lesson

"Ken. You should get up now if you don't want to be late for your first lesson." A soft voice whispered into Ken's ear.

As the young man opened his eyes, he stared into the bright orange eyes of the fox girl he had just met the day before.

"Ugh.. How did this happen? Man this sucks." Ken complained with a sigh as he got out of bed, trying to get ready to start his month long training.

"It happened after you complained about not having a warm body to snuggle with for an entire month. I know I don't have any experience but am I that bad? You are hurting my self-esteem." Rena replied as she got dressed along with Ken.

"Oh. Sorry I was talking to myself. I am not trying to pretend and be dumb or anything. Obviously I remember exactly what happened and why you ended up in my bed. It sucks not because of you, it sucks because I couldn't control my urges... It's just the first day! I am here to train and get stronger but nope! Just couldn't resist when a cute girl flirts with me, how am I supposed to ever focus and become the top ranked hero? Aren't you supposed to go for Fernard anyways..." Ken complained as the pair headed for the dining hall.

"I told you he isn't my type. Besides, he isn't even interested in any of the girls. All he cares about is training and getting stronger. No one's even coming close to get him interested so it's not even worth my time trying to go for him. At least you are easy to read and not single minded on just training and getting stronger." Rena replied as the pair grabbed some breakfast and greeted Fernard who was already eating his meal.

"Good morning Ken. I hope you had a good night of rest. My father was excited last night and wanted to put you to the limit to see just how far he can push someone as talented as you in a single month." Fernard said as he greeted the pair.

"He was busy busy last night." Rena replied as Ken gave her a dirty look.

"I am good and ready to get the training started! I never let what happens behind closed doors affect my training." Ken replied as girls near their table whispered amongst each other.

Not asking for the details, Fernard simply chatted with the pair while they finished their breakfast before the trio headed for the training facility to meet up with professor Aethelwulf.

"Are you going to be following me around for the entire month?" Ken asked as Rena showed no signs of wanting to leave the pair alone.

"Of course. I am good with my studies so obviously keeping an eye out on you so my potential rivals don't get to make a move is the most important thing for now. It's not like you have any self-control to reject a girl's advances."

"HEY! I have standards! You just happen to meet them so it's not me, you just happen to be a cute one. I didn't know I would be that popular either. Are you sure you will have many competitions?" Ken replied defensive, rejecting her notion that he would sleep with just anyone.

"Are you joking or you honestly think you won't be popular? My father was ready to let you have a daughter simply from making it to Dragonspire. For you to get to the top of your class and have so many princesses and beautiful girls after you. Obviously you will be popular for anyone who's trying to bag themself a potential famous and rich husband." Rena replied matter of factly.

"I guess that makes sense. I am pretty freaking awesome aren't I. I guess Genesis and Alice are probably the reason why no girls approach me while I am in Dragonspire." Ken pondered at the facts Rena just provided him.

"As long as you train hard and don't end up dead right? The whole reason why you are here?" Rena reminded him as Fernard laughed at the pair, impressed how close they had gotten in just a single day.