Chapter 44. Adventures in Darrumburgh

Feeling someone's soft lips, delicate fingers and warm breath on his face, Ken slowly opened up his eyes to see the beautiful vampire girl already wide awake and playing with his face.

"What are you doing Alice?"

"Playing with your hair to see what style makes you look the cutest."

"I thought I'm a lady magnet? Any look is good right?"

"Exactly why I am trying to make sure only I get to see your cutest look! Where do you want to go today? Last day here before we have to head home. Can't believe how stingy their whatever embassy is and only letting us stay exactly five nights and not a single day extra."

"Be thankful to Vincent that we even managed to get over the wall in the first place. Let's go check out the exotic pets market today. I saw some awesome horses in Yelwraek and the front desk girl told me Darrumburgh's got a exotic pets market that might have some cool creatures!"

After meeting up with Ava, the three headed down to the main dining room of the hotel where Ken enjoyed a lavish complimentary breakfast while a runner went to inform Albert to get the carriage ready for the upcoming day.

Walking out of the hotel satisfied with breakfast, Albert the butler was already waiting with their carriage ready to explore the city for one last day.

As the carriage drove down the stone paved road that's now familiar to Ken, the six lanes of road for carriages and large sidewalks on both sides reminded him greatly of Yelwraek and overall, the cities resemble each other greatly even when the two are on the opposite sides of the world.

From an area perspective, both cities are gigantic and take many hours to traverse from the different districts even when traveling by carriage. Also located on the east coast of their continent for ease of access to the ocean for fast travel, the city likewise has a massive fleet of battleships ready for war while the civilian port is always packed with vassals of all types.

Living up to its reputation of being equals with the city of Yelwraek, everything Ken was able to find and do in Yelwraek could be found here in Darrumburgh. The major difference that set the two kingdoms apart is the way everything looked.

While both cities had impressive architects, the looks and design style was completely different. While the building in Yelwraek was more elegant and stylish and buildings next to each other sometimes looked completely different, the ones in Darrumburgh were more rigid, blocky and uniform.

The color is another major difference as buildings in Yelwraek were built from stones of all types and colors while in the main districts of Darrumburgh, just like in Vespera, everything is built with the white stone that was mined from the mountains in Vespera and as Ken watched the rows after rows of magnificat white buildings, he was able to understand what Ava meant by old money that had lasted generations and will probably not ran out for many more.

Like with his trip to Yelwraek, Ken and the two sisters visited the amusement park in Darrumburgh which was also proclaimed to be the largest amusement park in the world. The rides were equally dangerous and exciting for those who aren't highly trained but since it was winter, the outdoor pool area was closed due to the cold.

However, they soon discovered that there was also an indoor pool area that was filled with people going down waterslides, swimming in a massive pool and having a great time in the nicely warmed building.

While Alice didn't really mind Ken looking at all the barely dressed women because she knew she was the most attractive out of them all, she wasn't too happy with how many girls who were staring at Ken's now ripped body from two years of hard training and who were whispering amongst themselves while giggling.