Chapter 63. Face to Face

After returning to his room and taking a quick shower, Ken and Rena got in bed for one final night before it was time for the young man to return to Dragonspire and deal with the consequences of his action.

"Well Rena. I know you only got together with me because of my perceived potential and obviously I was only looking for a cute girl to keep me warm. But after the month together, I hope you have developed some deeper feelings for me as I definitely have for you. It would make me happy if you don't sleep with any other man while I'm not with you." Ken asked as the two snuggled together in bed.

"You will be going back to sleep with how many girls? Yet you want me to stay away from all men? Just how selfish can you be? If you don't want me to sleep with anyone else, just put a protection spell over me like the one you removed." Rena replied.

"I am just asking you. Obviously I'm not going to put a protection spell over you like I get to decide what you can and can't do."

"Lucky you I am not a horn dog like you and just put up with your daily needs because I want my eventual easy life. As long as you get strong enough over the next few years and get hired by a rich kingdom so you can provide me a lifetime of luxurious worry free life, I don't have the desire to look for a backup anytime soon. Obviously, if you end up dead or can't hold up your end of the bargain, don't expect me to stick around." Rena answered without any hesitation.

"Fair. I know Genesis said she is willing to be a beggar as long as she is with me but I can't expect every girl to be like that. You might talk like you are all business but I know you are definitely falling for me! I will obviously do my best to provide that great life for my girls so I have to work hard with the training." Ken replied as the pair made love late into the night.

"Well, I guess it's goodbye. I know I shouldn't be saying this since I am only after a comfortable life but you should refrain from getting hundreds or thousands of wives and concubines like some of those kings." Rena whispered quietly as the pair laid in bed minutes before it's time for Ken to be teleported back to Dragonspire.

"I guess it was a mistake doing the exchange solo. Should have brought Cecilla along like she wanted. Now I have an extra foxy to deal with and also have to answer questions when I get back." Ken sighed as he got up and dressed and ready to go back to Dragonspire and face the consequences of his inability to resist cute girls.

"Anyways. Safe travel home Rena. If you go visit my siblings, make sure you bring them out and treat them to some good food. I will be in Miodod for at least a few weeks before school starts so it won't be too long before I get to see you again." Ken gave Rena some final farewell words and gave the fox beastman girl one final kiss and hug before his necklace activated and the young man disappeared from the capital city of Ostrium and back at the familiar common room where he was instantly surrounded by chattery girls ready to hear his exact activities in the month that they spent apart.

"Let me get it straight. You told me to not follow you because you don't want any distraction and want to focus on getting stronger. But on the first freaking day, you ended up sleeping with this girl and did so for the entire month. Yeah... I am not listening to your bullshit anymore." Cecilla said angrily as Ken told the girls about his encounter with Rena.

"Did you at least spend enough time training to get strong enough to beat Xandrian at the tournament? They are definitely going to match the two of you up to kick off the open tournament." Clare added, equally unhappy with Ken's behavior.

"I can't help it that I am just that popular! At least Rena kept the other girls away so I was just with her alone the entire time." Ken replied defensively as the girls continued their bombardment of questions.