Chapter 74. Advanced

"Ken. Time to get up! I can't believe after all these years you still can't get up in the morning without someone pampering over you."

"Morning Clare! What can I say? I like to be pampered." Ken replied with a smile as the pair got up and ready to start their day.

"I hope that Thallan isn't like Nolan and shows up to teach the lessons like he is supposed to do so." Ken said as the pair grabbed breakfast at the dining hall while greeting the horde of students that kept on coming up to chat and girls would try to confess their feelings to Ken.

After breakfast, the two joined a group of students who are above master level and headed to the training facility.

"So Thallan would only train those above master level?" Ken asked one of the students as they arrived at the facility.

"Correct! The hero's lesson can only be attended by those that have reached at least master level in 2 different elements." The student replied happily.

"Only elemental magic? I guess he is an elf afterall and favors elemental magic over physical enhancements." Ken commented as he chatted with the students while waiting for Thallan.

"Good morning everyone!" Thallan Silvyr, the handsome flashy elf hero with spiky blonde hair and bright blue eyes, said happily.

After greeting the students, Thallan noticed the guests and suddenly, the hero blinked in front of the pair.

"Princess Clare! Ken! Welcome to Nafluica!" Thallan greeted the pair happily and started chatting to see why the pair was in Nafluica.

"Morning Mr. Silvyr! We are here in hopes of getting some private training from you." Ken said politely after exchanging greetings with the hero.

"You don't have to be so formal and I don't take private training requests. But I will gladly help you as much as I can during my lessons here!" Thallan replied as he began their lesson.

After two hours of giving the students helpful tips and training strategies, Thallan ended his lesson and left the training facility as the students thanked the hero.

"Hey Thallan, can I have a word with you." Ken shouted as he chased after the hero.

"If you are trying to persuade me to give you private lessons. Just give up now." Thallan replied, knowing exactly what Ken wanted.

"Yeah, I understand you aren't interested in giving any private lessons. I just want to speak to you about the hero Valentina." Ken said as he gauged at the hero's reaction.

"What about Valentina?" Thallan asked, showing much more interest than anything else Ken had said so far.

"Over my winter break, I spent almost a month training with her and got to chat a little about her past relationships." Ken answered slyly.

"Just the two of you?" Thallan asked with a hint of jealousy.

"Oh no, I was there with Cecilla. The other Yelwreak princess I am with. My princess is pretty nosy and was gossiping about Valentina's love life and your name came up." Ken replied, formulating a plan on the fly to get Thallan to train him.

"So what did Valentina say about me?" Thallan asked curiously.

"From what I gathered, I'm sure the two of you were lovers at one point but it would seem she harbors some strong negative feelings towards you." Ken replied as Thallan pondered at his words.

"You are right we were lovers indeed and it did end on a sour note." Thallan replied as Ken took the opportunity.

"I am on pretty good terms with Valentina and Cecilla is even closer to her. If you want to let us know what happened between the two of you. Maybe I could help get the two of you back together!" Ken offered.