Chapter 71. City of Hatharal

"Morning Ken. I can't believe it's been this long since I had you to myself." Cecilla whispered as she woke Ken up for their first morning in the city of Hatharal.

"Morning Cecilla!" Ken replied with a yawn as the pair got up and ready to get their day started.

"Morning Valentina! Thanks for letting me bring Ken with me." Cecilla said happily as the pair reached the dining room of the hero's beautiful mansion.

"Sure thing! I couldn't say no to the king of Yelwraek and having an extra student isn't going to change anything especially when it's the next superstar." Valentina, the beautiful elf hero replied as she greeted the pair.

"I mean, a superstar is a bit much but thanks for having me." Ken replied as the pair joined Valentina at the table for some breakfast.

"Why don't the two of you take the day to explore the city and go on a date. We can start the training tomorrow." Valentina offered as Cecilla happily agreed to the suggestion.

The city of Hatharal, capital city of the Hatharal kingdom is a coastal city located on the west coast of the kingdom. The kingdom as a whole is located on the continent of Yuwoa, sharing its northern border with the almighty kingdom of Darrumburgh.

"The buildings here resemble Darrumburgh a lot! The stones used just don't seem to be the fancy white ones from Alice's home." Ken commented as the pair rode in a carriage from Valentina's mansion into the city center.

"A peasant version of Yelwraek." Cecilla replied, not impressed at all.

"Come on Cecilla! Don't be so rude! How many cities in the entire world could possibly have the wealth of Yelwraek city?" Ken replied.

"Why did your father ask Valentina to train you when you have Zishell?" Ken wondered, as the pair got off the carriage and started strolling around the city center amongst the busy streets, full of elves going about their daily life.

"I have been training with Zishell since I was a kid. Obviously I am extremely talented to have reached expert level before I was even old enough to join Dragonspire but my growth has slowed significantly. My father isn't really happy that you are the talk of town when it comes to the new generation of talent since you blew past me and are already at divine level while I am still at least another year away before I think I could reach it. He wanted to see if training with someone else could bring something out of me. We just need to make sure no one finds out that I got Valentina to agree to have you tag along." Cecilla replied as the pair explored the city.

"Sorry Cecilla. Unfortunately you won't have a chance to be the chosen one anymore. You will achieve greatness for sure but I will no doubt be the superior one." Ken said confidently as the pair decided to stop at a busy shop to grab some lunch after a morning of sightseeing.

"Don't get too cocky Ken. I know you are talented, smart and all that but maybe you are just a fast starter and now that you have reached divine level, you will begin to fizzle out while I have the potential to keep on going until I reach the top." Cecilla replied as she ordered some food for the pair to share.

"Cecilla! Are you wishing me an early death? Your very own father is the reason why I'm busting my butt out here trying to get as strong as I could! If I hit a plateau now, you will end up a widow!"

"We aren't even married yet so I can't really be a widow can I?" Cecilla replied with a smirk as the pair continued to eat.

"I wonder what Valentina could teach us. Whatever it is, she is at least nice to look at." Ken replied as Cecilla smacked him on the arm.

"Ken! She is like over 60 or 70 years old! Besides, you got me to fulfill all your needs." Cecilla replied as the pair paid for the food and got back to their sightseeing.