I stifle a grin by biting my lip, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks as Rick's hand confidently finds its secure place on my jean-clad thigh, the other still resting on my back. A pleasured exhale escapes me as Rick's lips leisurely explore the sensitive skin near my jaw, and I can't help but revel in the warmth of his touch. However, when his mouth lingers under my jaw, clearly intent on leaving yet another mark, I gently push him back.

"Nuh-uh," I object through my laugh, shaking my head. "Not after all the effort I put into covering up that other hickey," I say, trying to hide the amusement in my voice as Rick grins shamelessly. "If you want us to keep this between us, you'll have to rein in that marking habit of yours," I add, biting my lip, a flicker of desire stirring in my stomach.

Rick nods, his grin unapologetic. "Yes, ma'am," he murmurs smugly as if he's well aware of the effect that one phrase has on me.

I clear my throat, still feeling a bit flustered, and glance down at the seam in my jeans. "So, uh, you mentioned last night that you started having feelings for me around the time Spencer and I got together?" I ask, prompting Rick's confident facade to momentarily waver before he nods. "How did..." I trail off, my gaze carefully exploring his expression.

A smile crosses Rick's face and he momentarily looks down before answering me. "Remember when Daryl and I left? You kissed me on the cheek," Rick reminds me, causing my stomach to clench at the memory. I nod, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Well, that made me realize a thing or two," Rick breathes with a teasing grin, tilting his head to the side and blinking slowly at me. My mouth falls open in astonishment, trying to process the news.

"I thought I-I freaked you out!" I exclaim, amazement lighting up my face as Rick chuckles, shaking his head.

"You did. I hadn't felt what I did when you kissed me in a long time," Rick says softly, his words carrying a hint of vulnerability that makes me scoff with disbelief, my eyebrows shooting up my forehead.

I hold my hand to my mouth, glancing to the side, grappling with the realization. I thought...

"Your face when I kissed your cheek... I thought it was disgust- it's what pushed me to date Spencer," I admit quietly, turning back to meet Rick's curious expression.

His brows furrow, realization dawning on his face.

"I was only dating him to get over... you," I say simply with a shrug, making shock flash through his expression. His eyebrows are no longer furrowed; his eyes widen, and his mouth is left slightly parted.

"You... were with that- idiot..." Rick stops himself, running his hand over his face before focusing on me again. "I had to endure you two together because you were getting over... me?" Rick repeats slowly, his eyes widening in disbelief.

Blinking at him in my own disbelief at his shock, I nod, feeling nerves coursing under my skin at the idea of Rick genuinely being that agitated at the memory of me and Spencer together.

"Jesus Christ," Rick curses before lunging forward and kissing me passionately. The intensity of the abrupt kiss catches me off guard, momentarily erasing the tension between us and leaving me breathless.

A noise of surprise bubbles up my throat as I quickly reciprocate, grinning into our kiss. Rick deepens our connection, his fingers tangling in my hair, making pleasure blossom in my chest.

After a minute, Rick pulls apart, leaning his forehead against mine with a heavy exhale. "Fuck that guy," he curses, making me snort in agreement, the weight of revealing our feelings lingering between us.