Slashed

A/N: Hey lovelies, I just want to start real quick with a disclaimer that (especially from now on) the plot diverges quite a bit from the canon storyline (I know it already has but STILL) So don't be confused by things being different, it's just bc I want them to :)

Also, season 8 and beyond is COMPLETELY different!

Anyway, I hope my wonderful readers enjoy! Much love to you all <3 This one is a bit longer so hopefully that makes up for the late upload!

___

- Cass's POV - four months ago -

Joy bubbles in my chest as I nestle against Rick's warm frame, an infectious smile spreading across my face, refusing to fade. Just minutes ago, Rick told me how much he cared about me.

He told me that he wanted all of me, that our incredible night together actually meant something to him too. That he was 'mine and had been for nearly a year now'

It's surreal. I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that Rick Grimes wants me back. The evidence, however, beats quickly against the left side of my face- the rhythmic pulse of his heartbeat.

"Your heart is racing," I murmur against Rick's warm t-shirt, eliciting a breathy chuckle that resonates through the side of my body leaning against him.

"That is your fault," Rick says pointedly, his hand finding its way from running through my hair to resting on my lower back, the warmth from his hand seeping into my skin.

I shake my head, burying my face in his chest, a grin etched so firmly on my face that it begins to hurt. "Don't even try to tell me that I make you nervous," I say through my smile, the lightness in my chest matching the joy coursing through me.

"You do," Rick confesses, prompting me to pull away from his warm embrace with a frown of confusion. Propping myself up on my elbows, I shoot him a look of disbelief as he just gazes back at me, unflinching, a subtle smirk playing at the corner of his perfect mouth.

Narrowing my eyes playfully, I pretend to carefully examine his expression, which he keeps remarkably steady. "Nothing makes the Rick Grimes nervous," I argue, raising my eyebrows as I sit up properly and cross my arms.

Rick's breathy chuckle escapes his perfect mouth and he glances away, running his tongue along the inside of his cheek. "You have no idea," he mutters, a smug smile playing on his lips, making my lower abdomen twist with desire.

My smile grows as I absentmindedly run my fingers along Rick's comforter. "Well, you did mention the 'effect' I have on you this morning. And the reason your heart was racing back when you carried me to the prison- why was that again? Because you were touching my legs?" I tease, tilting my head to the side. I relish the way his cheeks redden slightly as he nods, though he maintains his confident expression.

"Careful there, you're starting to sound cocky," Rick murmurs, shaking his head and raising his eyebrows, his grin only growing.

I chuckle, looking down and tucking my irritating hair behind my ear. Butterflies swirl madly within my stomach at the insane situation I'm finding myself in.

"You're so beautiful," Rick says quietly, his rumbling voice laced with warmth. I slowly look up to meet his sincere expression, feeling my stomach flutter even more.

Unable to hide my flustered state under his intense gaze, Rick raises his eyebrows with satisfaction. Before I can say a word, he quickly leans forward, pressing a soft, open-mouthed kiss to my cheek. "Looks like I'm not the only one who's nervous," Rick whispers in my ear, his warm breath gently caressing my neck. Desire floods through me, and an involuntary shiver travels down my spine, which his hot hand instantly soothes.