Chapter 17

Nicolas Pov

"You are a fool to challenge the master of darkness and when I'm done you will be eliminated and then I be going after Yumi next." said Panik

"We shall see about that." I said drawing my five cards which include luster dragon, Waboku, spellbinding circle, swords of revealing light and Enchanted Javelin. 

"Panik ruthless, Nicolas he had me totally terrified!" said Mai

"That's right and she's not the first, either. We eliminators have built our career on stalking weak players like her and string-arming them into dueling us. You see, when you're as good as I am, you learn to appreciate the hunt as much as the duel itself. Ad now I'm gonna take you down just like I did Mai." said Panik with a laugh.

"Your nothing but a cowards sneaking up on other duelist and not have the courage to challenge them face-to-face." I said

"Watch your mouth, you insolent cur!" said Panik.

"True duelist fight with honor and respect, not the underhanded tactics of a pocher like you and don't forget our bet." I said.

"The bet makes no difference to me." said Panik.

"What do you mean?" I asked before I felt something attach to my legs unable for me to move them.

"What I mean, is that when you duel against Panik, you're putting much more than just your measly star chips on the line." said Panik before I notice something coming form out of the duel platform and shot fire at me. I could feel the heat of the flames coming from my left and right.

"What's the matter Nicolas can't take the heat? Well get used to it, because you're strapped in for the long haul." said Panik before the flames where turned off.

"I can see the fear growing in your eyes, Nicolas, I can hear you quaking in your boots! You're beginning to realize the nightmare you stepped into! I do believe you are beginning to panic!." said Panik 

"Are you done blowing smoke Panik? It will take more than cheap fire tricks to make me lose my cool now lets get this duel started." I said 

"Seeing how the blaze of my fire didn't phase you, let's turn down the lights. My castle of dark illusions will turn this duel into your darkest hour. It's magic shrouds the field with a veil of shadows, and the castle itself is extra fortified. thanks to the field power bonus I get for playing it at night!" said Panik

(Castle of dark illusions attack: 1196 and defense 2509 duel to the power bonus)

"I'm not afraid of the dark Panik." I said watching the veil of shadows cover his side of the field.

"You would be if you only knew the fearsome nightmares within it's shade." said Panik 

(bane: "Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!")