Chapter 16

3rd person pov 

It was night time on the island the moon was high in the night sky. Nicolas and the gang where still walking around but little did they know they were being watched from the shadows by a large bat it's glowing red eyes  piercing the shadows but it was inserted in Nicolas.

"Boy, it sure got dark in a hurry." Said Yumi.

"Yeah. Maybe we ought to set up camp somewhere." said Tea.

Tristan: don't tell me you're afraid, téa. You got us protecting you." said Tristan

"Yeah, but who's protecting you guys?" asked Tea.

"Uh, good point. Let's set up camp." said Tristan.

"Relax, guys. There's nothing in these woods but crickets and squirrels." said Joey Later on Tristan was telling a not very good ghost story.

Tristan: and when they finally pulled over To look and see what was in the back seat of the car, It was over twenty pepperoni pizzas with double cheese and meatballs.." said Tristan.

"Oh, please. What kind of ghost story is that supposed to be?" asked Tea

"Aah! If I don't get some food in me, I'm gonna be turning into a ghost." said Joey.

"Those two and their stomachs,Huh, yumi?" asked Tea

Hey, my meal ticket. said Joey spotting a wild mushrooms  and was about to eat it but Tristan held him back.

What? No! Wild mushrooms are poisonous, joey." said Tristan.

"It will kill you." said Nicolas.

"So do us all a favor and let him eat it." said Mai

"Now what do you want, mai?" asked Joey while Mai takes a bite of a candy bar.

"That's it.You can duel me, you can insult me, But you're not eating in front of me." said Joey

"You're that hungry, are you? Ok, then. Give me your star chips And I'll give you some food." said Mai.

Forget it. Potato chips-- I mean, star chips are priceless." said Joey

"You have to excuse him Mai he's not himself when he's hungry." said Nicolas.

"I was just kidding, joseph. I'll be more than happy to share If you can manage to ask politely like a gentleman." said Mai

Right. So then you can go make fun of me for that, too?" asked Joey.

Look. By tomorrow, I'll have won entrance to the castle, so there's no point In me keeping an entire knapsack full of food." said Mai

"She does have a point you know." said Nicoals.

"Sure would be nice not to have to duel tomorrow On an empty stomach." said Yumi

"How do we know this isn't another trick? Give me just one good reason to trust you." said Joey

"Cause it's either me or that poisonous mushroom." said Mai.

While the group talked among themselves Nicolas felt uneasy like he felt like they were being watched.

"Ruin, Demise." said Nicolas before Ruin and Demise appeared.

"Yes boss I sense we are indeed being followed." said Demise.

"Is there something wrong  Nicolas?" asked Yumi.

"I think we are being watched." said Nicolas

"From where?" asked Mai.

"I don't know but I'm gonna find out." said Nicolas walking away from the others.