Chapter 5

Nicolas Pov

After what happened to Yugi's grandpa I kind of hated myself for not doing something but what could I do. I thought to myself long and hard trying to figure out what to do.

"You seemed trouble young Nicolas." Demise said

"Is it because of what happen to your friends grandpa soul being taken away?" Ruin asked.

"Yeah it is I was there but yet I couldn't do anything." I said

"It's not your fault besides you didn't fail you only fail if you give up there is still a chance to same Yugi's grandpa's soul." Ruin said.

"Your right if the roles where reverse Yugi will do the same for me. She had my back so I have hers." I said to Ruin and Demise.

"That's the sprit kid now let's get to training your powers I have a feeling we might need them for the days ahead." Demise said. Demise was right who knows what fate has in store for me. So for the rest of the day I spent my time learning to harness and control my powers that my parents and Kyle help me unlocked. I was determine to help Yugi anyway I can.

When I got home from I notice a letter sticking out of my front door. I thought to myself what was letter doing in my mailbox? I opened it and inside where five cards. One had a picture of a castle, another one with a picture of a boat the thirds one had a picture of treasure  while the forth one was blank and the the last one had a picture of a gauntlet along with two star chips

"What do you think this means?" Demise asked

"It means where invited to a tournament held by Pegasus the guy who took Yugi's grandpa's soul away I have to tell the others about this." I said before walking into the house to see my parents setting on the couch.

"Hey Mom, hey Dad got a second to talk?" I asked

"Sure son." Mikal said before I explained everything to them about how Yugi's grandpa's soul was taken and how I was invited to a tournament on a island and so forth I even told them that I was gonna help Yugi get her grandpa's soul back. At first I thought they where gonna be all freaked out but I forgot they where mages so yeah they where cool. The information on card said that the boat will be leaving and two days so I had to prepare. I went to my room and started to go over my deck to prepare for the tournament.

*timeskip two days*

Two days have gone by and I was at the docks waiting on the boat to take me to duelist kingdom. I had everything I needed for the trip. While I was waiting I ran into Yugi she to was also waiting to get on board.

"Hey Yugi." I said

"Hey Nicolas what are you doing here?" Yugi asked while I show her my gauntlet and star chips.

"I'm in the tournament I told you I will always have your back no matter what." I said making her blush a little before I heard a mans voice that made us look up to see a guy in a suit looking down at all of us.