Ke Sau Janam Bhi Dekhta Main Tera Rasta (Part 11)

"Masi didn't call you?" Manas asked Manik

"No" Manik replied sadly. He did not know that Manas informed her. She would get hyper when he was not well and even after knowing it she didn't try to contact him. It broke his heart.

"Mimi kuch zyada hi kar rahi hai ab" Manas mumbled only to get hit on his head. He rubbed his head and looked at Manik who was glaring at him

"Padhai Hui hai kuch? Schedule bana hai? Exam hai na?" Manik asked her and Manas quickly caved back. He knew his Cha was not someone who will take anything against his Mimi and also not let studies slid away easily

"I am making one. Have th send it to Mi too" Manas said

"Ek kuch bol na. Ya toh masi bol, ya Mimi bol, ya Mi bol" Manik said irritated

"Meri Mimi hai, meri jo marzi hogi main bolunga" Manas said with a cute glare and Manik narrowed his eyes on him.

"Go get your books. I want to see how ready you are. If you don't score first class and above, acche college bhul jao" Manik warned him.

"Okay okay hitler Cha" Manas said putting his hands up in surrender and left.
____________________________________

"So Manik is sending you these?" her mother sked and Nandini nodded meekly tuking her hairs back nervously.

"So are like you two back together?" her Appa asked

"No!" Nandini defended quickly and in high pitch which every one knew she used when she wanted something but was not going to accept.

"Then why are you accepting it?" her Amma asked

"I mean... They are flowers. And he sends them irrespective of me stopping him so I have to keep them. Not let them die for nothing" Nandini said and her parents looked at each other.

"Kanna..." her mother started hesitantly

"Amma I know aap kya soch rahe ho. I don't know if this will work. If we will get together. Manik knows this too. I am not giving him any hope." Nandini cut her Amma abut then frowned and added "Or may be I am. I don't know."

Her parents looked a bit worried. She went to her parents and sat near their feet.

"I don't know the future but I know one thing. My heart has always loved Manik. It wants to try. It wants to be selfish and choose it's happiness." Nandini told them

"I don't Appa if I love Manik now. I don't know if we can get back together but I know one thing, he makes me happy. The kind of happiness he gives me, no one can. Main selfish ho sakti hu na? Ek baari bas." she had tears in her eyes.

"I don't know if main kabhi kuch bhul paungi. If main Manik ko, Papa ko kabhi maaf kar paungi. Aur mujhe nahi sochna yeh sab. Filal toh nahi. But ek chance main de sakti hu. Ek try mujhe bhi karna hai Appa." She looked at them both.

"I hope you get your happiness kanna" her Appa said and her Amma agreed nodding and creasing her hairs.
____________________________________

The blue envelope that had reached Manik to give him the most beautiful smile he owned. He kept his laptop and files aside and opened the envelope like an excited kid opening his present.

"I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself, you aren't a kid Malhotra. Everyone is worried for you. I know you know that." He read.

"Were you worried?" he thought.

"And yes it got me worried too." a smiled made his face. She cares. This letter was less colder than the last one.

"I just have a confession. And make this clear. To be truthful, I like you sending me these letters. But this is not to give you hope or something. I want to figure things out Manik. And I hope I do figure it out. And I hope I don't hurt you. But if you're not ready, I want you to stop this here. I don't promise anything. You might get hurt. We might get hurt. I hope you choose what's best for you Manik.