Apna Bana Le Piya (Part 3)

Manik's sleep broke in the middle of night. And when he started to turn, he felt a tug in his hand, frowning he opened his eyes to see Nandini holding on to his hand. He looked at her, she was in deep sleep. He tried to remove her grip. But Nandini held on to him more mumbling "Amma" she mumbled and Manik looked at her but she was still sleeping.

Manik looked at her and the her hand holding his arm. He sighed and tried to remove her grip. He was finally able to do that. When Neyonika and Raj came in the room, Manik and Nandini had panicked then he was going to arrange it back, she had said "Manik let it be, koi na koi aayega toh aise hi karna padega, aur vaise bhi humare bhich kuch hoga nahi, toh it's fine"

He was going to turn when she held his arm again. He now looked at her. She was wearing a light lemon suit but not wearing a dupptta. She mumbled something and Manik tried to remove her grip again. He sighed. He harshly turned away from her making his arm come out of her grip.

"Bucks chala gaya" Nandini said making Manik look at her but she turned away from him and he too turned away and slept.

"Bucks chala gaya" she said holding up her fluffy blanket. Manik frowned but closed his eyes.
_____________________________________

Manik heard a ringtone and turned. He opened his eyes and looked around to see no one. He saw her phone ringing. It stopped and then again started to ring, he looked at the phone 'Akdu Anukul' the name blinked.

Manik saw Nandini came running wearing a yellow saree, not draped properly, she had a safety pin in her mouth. Nandini came to her phone, she looked at the phone and hung up. Then left back to closet. Manik saw her turn and see the same name again blink. Nandini sighed and hung up. She switched off her phone and left.

Manik sat up and rubbed her eyes and then went to the closet. When he entered he saw Nandini standing there getting ready. He went to the bathroom. He was taking shower and was going to take his shower gel when he saw something on the slab. He frowned. He completed his shower and came out wrapping a towel around his waist. Nandini who was wearing her earings saw him. She stood still for a moment but then continued her work. She was keeping something in a pouch when Manik came and stood right behind her, not touching her but extremely close. Before Nandini could say anything, Manik made her wear her mangalsutra. He hooked it and leaned and used his teeth to lock it properly. When he didn that Manik's breath fell on her nape. He didn't toch her. Nandini's heartbeat fasten and something settled in her stomach and there was a pull in her gut. Doing what he did Manik walked away and left to his side of closet and started to pick his clothes. Nandini stood there, her hand went to the mangalsutra and she through the mirror saw Manik behind her busy picking up his clothes. She calmed her emotions and feelings and then left the closet.
_____________________________________

"Lao na Chachi I'll do it" Nandini said and took the spoon from Divya, Manik's Chachi.

"Koi kaam nahi degi mujhe toh tu office jayegi toh main tujhe yaad karu, yahi plan hai na tera?" Divya asked her

"Arey mera plan pata chal gaya" Nandini said as if her secret was out. Nandini and Divya giggled and that's when Manik entered wearing his suit all ready for office. He saw them and stood there at the door.

"Chachi dekho yeh main ne nikal liya hai. Ashvi ko kismish nahi pasand na, yeh bas hoga ki aur nikalu?" Nandini asked

"Nahi bas hai. Aur tu Manik ki tarah Ashvi, Atharv aur Mukti ko sar pe mat bitha" Divya said

"Kyu Chachi, they are Manik's Bhai behn toh mere bhi hue na. Mere Rishu ke jaise hi hai" Nandini said and Manik smiled hearing that unknowingly.

"Nandini Rishab is here" Manik said entering the kitchen and looked around