29- night tides into the unkown

•Ezra

"200 joules, charge!"

Flatline.

"250 joules, charge!"

Flatline.

"400, charge!"

Flatline.

My sun didn't rise that morning.

Her body lay motionless, her skin cold as the winter wind biting through the layers of a forsaken soul.

And I tried pulling the curtains hoping she'd awaken to a new life.

But she didn't.

Stuck within the confines of the sterile ward, I found myself trapped in an endless loop, replaying the haunting moment over and over again. Watching Raine jerk and go into a series of seizures and the doctors fighting for her life like it was their choices to make. I just knew she was a memory that would last a lifetime in my head.

Gianna, still in tears, continued to yell about a painting she had crafted, a masterpiece reflecting the depths of her emotions for Raine. Yet, Raine would never be able to witness the brilliance she had inspired.

I didn't only cry for Raine, the tears flowed through the thoughts of the hell her mother could be rolling in as her wails echoed through the vast space of the hospital walls, the tears flowed for Raine's sister and the void she's left in my heart.

I was still holding onto her cold hands wondering what our chances at another life was like. Someone knocked on the door to the ward and I didn't even spare them a glance.

"Hi I'm Tasha, the nurses say I can find Raine Parker in this ward. I'm guessing it's the wrong—"

"You came late." I responded to her.

Dec 5th

Dec 5th

Dusk & Dawn On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara