11- weeknd

"You're very stubborn." Ezra remarked and I nodded in agreement.

"Nice to meet you too." I parked the car on the driveway like Ezra asked me to. I unfastened my seatbelt and got down from the car. I nodded my head as I looked around the estate and Ezra's apartment which we were parked in front of.

It only confirmed how rich he was and that made me question what he was really doing at the Underground bash then.

I stepped into the house and he turned on the light. He headed straight for the kitchen leaving me to take in his home as I followed him. His apartment exuded a cozy charm, a mix of modern simplicity and comfort. Warm lighting illuminated the house clouded with rich white paint.

"You have a nice apartment," I said to him as he handed me a cup of water.

"Thank you." He nodded with a smile.

He sat on a stool as he brought out his first aid box. He stared at me before he started to unbutton his shirt slowly. He had a huge bruise at the side of his abdomen and the area felt so tender. I offered to help so I took the ice pack from him and placed it on the bruise.

"Make me understand why you do this to yourself, it's definitely not because of money," I started the conversation and he sighed as he shook his head. As I turned to face him with my brows lined up, he threw me a smile.

"You wouldn't be able to handle it," he shook his head and gently took the ice pack from my hand as he turned away from me.

"Why don't you try me?" I crossed my arms as I asked him.

"You have to go back, Raine." He said as he glanced at his phone screen.

"Why? You don't think I could handle it?"

"No, it's actually kind of late. Your Mom would have my head." He responded.

"My mom? You do realize how old I am, do you?"

"Raine..."

"Ezra?"

"You have to go back."

"I'm staying."

By the time I stood in Ezra's room waiting for him to come out of his closet, I concluded that he had a very low persistency level, I on the other hand, might as well be the most stubborn person on earth.

He picked out some clothes from his closet while I took a look at the posters of Khalid and other artists on his wall.

"Here, you can wear this instead," he handed it over to me. "My room is usually colder at night."

"Don't worry, I always have a fever." I casually mentioned. He walked over to me and felt my temperature without saying anything and only nodding in agreement.

He left to allow me change and I immediately took off my clothes and got into a pair of shorts and a large toon marty shirt. I then went out of the room and walked to the living room where I found Ezra on the couch, lying down and facing the tv.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

He looked confused as he looked up to find me, "trying to sleep, why are you not in bed?"

"To finish our conversation,"

"Let's do that another time, Raine." He sat up on the chair changing the channel from a wrestling match.

"Why did you let him hit you then?" I asked him as I plonked down on the seat next to him.

"He asked that I did." He responded making it obvious that he wasn't ready to go further than that.