3- didn't mean to

As much as I loved knowing that I made it to the next day, I hated the pain that came with waking up every day. I opened one of my eyes to find Gianna standing right in front of my bed.

"What do you want so early in the morning?" I groaned, my protest muffled as I turned away, seeking solace on the opposite side of the bed.

"Early? It is past noon; Mom came back five hours ago," she deadpanned, settling onto a stool near my bedside. "You promised to drive me to Sia's place."

"Don't you see her in school every day, why do I have to drive you to her place?"

By this time, I was already making my way for the bathroom while Gianna walked after me. "I just love riding in the same car with you," she smiled.

I shook my head at her corny expression. She batted her eyelashes in a frail attempt to make sure that I believed it.

"Thank you; I'm gonna go get ready." She jumped happily as she strolled out of my room.

With a sigh, I took a step into my bathroom and stood in front of the mirror to brush. As I bent my head down towards the basin, I found nothing streaming out of my nostrils and so I let the smile spread across my face.

Another day; another life.

I got into a black trouser and a yellow floral top and walked out of my room to eat breakfast. I could hear my mom on a phone call from her room, so I went towards there to ask how her shift went.

"Look, my daughter's treatment is taking a toll on the cash on my hand; I promise to pay you back, just give me some time." She pleaded, the desperation evident in her voice.

She sounded so helpless. I didn't like that at all.

"What are you doing?" I heard Gianna's voice, and I turned around to find her at the stairs staring at me.

"Nothing, let's go." I urged her and led her downstairs with me.

As I took in the breakfast my mom had prepared for, I could only think about what she said on the phone. As she came down with a smile on her face asking how I felt this morning, I knew it was a lie. That smile on her face was a lie.

She was a lie.

I had barely driven for five minutes when Gianna told me to park

"I cannot believe you made me drive here," I glared at her as I continued to move to find a parking space.