Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

“I’m sorry, soul of my soul.” I whispered. A silver sheen of light envelopes us as I bring him back from the brink of death.

***

Standing on the mountain glancing down at all the shifters frozen in time, I weep tears of sadness. I must leave my twin souls again, when I only had a short amount of time with them. It’s been countless centuries since my twin souls have held and loved me. I only caught a few moments with Zacharial and none with Araqiel. We’ll meet again, though, in another life where we can truly be together.

Instead of giving Annalise and Larissa a farewell speech, as I had the last time. I choose to keep them within the dreamscape. It’s what’s best for everyone. Mother will aid in the resetting of time this go around, because I was lacking in my last attempt. As far as Gregor, Dante and Annalise were concerned. Manipulating time has never been my forte, but mother couldn’t help the last time. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I glance up to the Heavens and sigh.

“Mother. I have done my duty. I’ll be returning to you now.”

***

ANNALISE

“Hey short stuff. You wanna come out and play some football with me and the guys? As usual we are always in need of another man, excuse me woman or we are short a player.”

“I’m over six feet tall and nearing sixteen years old Jarek. That hardly qualifies me as short. So I don’t see why you call me that.” I say, shaking my head with annoyance.

“Are you going to help us out or not, Annalise? If not, we’ll need to figure something else out.”

Excitement courses through my veins, hoping Xillon and Zane will be on the opposing team this time. I would gladly play, hoping they would be the ones tackling me. Damn, they are so fine. They treat me like a sister, though, which is annoying. I don’t think either of them would ever see me as anything else. If they did, Jarek would kill them for sure.

“Yeah, I’ll play. Let me get changed and I’ll be right out.”

“Thank you, sis. You’re a lifesaver,” Jarek says as he gives me a knuckle sandwich and jumps away to keep from getting his ribs smashed from my retaliation.

“I wish they would let me play,” my youngest brother Taylor says from the doorway.

“I’m sorry, bud, but you are only eleven. You’re too young. Mom would kill us all if you got hurt.”

“But Gavin get’s to play, and he’s only thirteen.”

“Yes, that is true, but Gavin has only started playing this year because he’s… Go play with Zane’s brother Baxter. He’s doing the same thing you are right now. You each do this every time. Go on now. I need to change.”

Taylor grumbles a few choice words I can’t hear and slams my door on his way out.

I pull my long brunette locks into a ponytail and quickly throw on some black mascara to bring out the blue in my eyes and smile. My birth parents blessed me handsomely when it comes to looks. Too bad I’ll never know who they were, because they dropped me at the border of the Blood Moon Howler Pack when I was only a day old. Lucky for me Luna Celestia, my adoptive mother, was going to the neighboring pack that day for something and saw the basket I was in on the side of the road.

I wouldn’t want to change being a part of this pack for anything. My parents took me in and raised me as if I were their own and have never treated me any differently from their blood born children. I have a brother, Trevor, three months younger than me. He, Jarek and I have been inseparable from the beginning and then, of course, there are Taylor and Gavin, our youngest brothers.

“Annalise, hurry, or they’ll start without us. You don’t have to get all dolled up for my brother.” Zariah yells from the other side of my door.

“I’m coming dang it!”

***

“You two always get on to me for crushing on Xillon and Zane. But neither one of you has room to talk because you both are crushing on Jarek and the other who isn’t your brother.”

“I suppose you’re right, Annalise. One could only hope that we’ll all be mated to either of them. That way, we wouldn’t have to leave the pack once we meet our mates,” Zariah says, nibbles her bottom lip and twirls her hair around her finger as she watches the guys passing the football back and forth before our game starts.

“Well, you can always throw Trevor into the mix. He’s not the future alpha, but he is still born from alpha blood. And he’s just as dreamy as his brother. I would jump him in a heartbeat. I’ve heard he’s good between the sheets.” Xena grins and mimics Zariah’s actions.

“Oh gross. Come on now. Would you like for me to say something like that about Zane? Plus, we’re all holding out for our mates, remember?”

“But the temptation is a killer. I mean damn. It’s possible I might not make it. I’m just being honest,” Xena says, and squishes her legs together.

A massive grin spreads across my face and I say nothing in return because I know exactly where she’s coming from. “Just imagine what it’ll be like once we’ve all shifted. Waiting until you’re eighteen is a killer, and most can’t hold out that long.”

“I’m just saying that if I’m presented with a chance to fuck any of these guys out there beyond my brother’s, of course, I’m taking it. I don’t give a flying rat’s ass who cares,” Zariah says, and we all giggle.

“Girls, stop talking about fucking and get your asses out here! We have a game to play,” Zane yells from center field and winks at me with a cocky grin on his face.

“Oh crap. The ones with wolves just heard everything we were just saying. I want to dig a hole and hide right about now.” Xena, buries her hands in her face and groans.

“You’re not alone. Let’s get out there. Everything will be forgotten once the game starts.”

***

“I’ve got it,” I scream as I jump to catch the ball and start sprinting towards the goal.

Moments later, I grunt in agony as I’m sideswiped and tackled to the ground a mere yard from my destination.

“Would you really let me fuck you? Because damn girl, you’re fine. No one could know, though. Jarek would beat my ass,” Zane whispers in my ear, stands and lends me his hand to help me up.

My face heats and I’m sure I’m beet red from embarrassment. “Uh…”

“Shhh… We’ll talk later,” he whispers and takes off.

What the hell just happened? Surely he’s not being serious. He practically has girls lined up waiting for a chance to snag him. He also has a girlfriend. Well, one girl out of the lot that he prefers out of all the others he’s been with. I’m not ugly or anything but I lack experience. Yeah, he has to be teasing me.

“Earth to Annalise! Get your ass over here! We have training in thirty minutes,” Jarek yells, and I jog over so we could resume the game.

Writer's Note:

I will be adding Trinity of Entanglement, which is the sequel to this book here with Hybrid's Fury Unleashed. Instead of making a separate book. Like I had done before. The first chapter will be added soon. Which basically starts right where this book left off. I hope that you all enjoyed the first book. And can't wait to share the sequel with you all. Thank you so much for reading and have a fantastic day.