PROLOGUE

Note there is a glossary at the end of the book 🙂

The world didn't end with a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time.

With that being said, my life is about to come to an end.

Why? Because I'm currently surrounded by at least 7 zombies in front of me and I'm cornered. All of them are trying to get through the wired but damaged fence keeping me separated from them.

Isn't that just fucking amazing?

Now, I can't just shoot my way through with my gun; it's out of ammo.

I can't just use my knife or anything handheld; it's on the other side of the horde. Even if I did have something like that, it'd be too risky to use my knife anyway, considering how easily I could get bit.

Now would be the time to have a katana or some form of sword.

Actually, it would still be useless. I don't know how to properly wield one. I wouldn't be able to even remove a zombie's head or even kill one efficiently for that matter.

Things are really looking up for me right now!

Suddenly, one of the zombies (what I like to call "biters" after watching "The Walking Dead" before all of this) lunged at me but in a more lazily-drunkard sort of way.

I frantically looked around while holding the biter's head back only to find nothing.

I tried smashing the biter's head with my fist but that was no use, a hand alone wouldn't do shit. The skull is way too hard. Biter's were once human too.

This is it. This is how I die-

No.

I refuse to become a monster. I used the remaining ounce of strength to attempt to kick the biters away; however, I interrupted by a loud "BAM!!!"

I look around and continued to hear more of those sounds.

Are those... gunshots?

I see someone shoot the back of the head of the two remaining biters in front of me and it had pretty good accuracy–

BAM!!!

Blood splattered on my face, interrupting my thoughts.

"Fuck, that is disgusting," I complained while attempting to wipe away the blood only to smear it all over my face.

The horrible odor of rotting flesh burned my nostrils.

I look up and see a someone standing over me with a gun pointed at the neutralized biter.

Who the fuck is that?

Why do they look familiar?

But mainly... what do they want with me?