Shattered Illumination

Chapter 22: Shattered Illumination

"Good morning, everyone. Here's your favorite singer Kyoka Jiro!!" Jiro said to her friends.

As the day of the school competition unfolded, the main hall buzzed with anticipation. Jiro, participating in the school music band, prepared for her performance. Meanwhile, Momo helped her, and Kirishima planned to participate in the school drama. At first, Shoto planned to join the school drama, acting as a tree. Still, upon hearing that Bakugou wasn't going to participate in any performance, Shoto changed his mind.

"Let's cheer for them," Shoto said to Bakugou. "Tch, whatever."

The evening arrived, and the main hall was filled with eager spectators-students, teachers busy with their work. Shoto and Bakugou entered the main hall, looking around. Shoto's eyes ran to some couples holding hands, whispering sweet things to each other, laughing. Shoto looked at Bakugou; however, Bakugou got the idea of what's on Shoto's mind.

"No. Never," he declared, looking at the couples. "What the hell do they think they're doing here?" Muttering like that, Bakugou walked to them. "Oi, extras, keep your lovey-dovey drama to another place, not here," he yelled.

"We do what we want to do. Any problem, cute boy?" They said, making Bakugou angry. "What did you guys just say?" Bakugou was ready to go to fight, but Shoto stopped him.

"Don't. It's my fault; I'm sorry," he said. "We are not even something like that. It's my fault to expect something like that from you," Shoto said. Bakugou was taken aback, waited for a moment, and then he took Shoto's hand, walking away.

"Are you happy now, idiot?" he asked. Shoto released his hand. "It's okay, Bakugou. I noticed you that you dont like it so you don't have to push yourself. I like you the way you are," Shoto said, smiling. "Idiot..." Bakugou muttered, trying to hide his blush.

They sat in their places, looking around. "When is this going to start?" Bakugou asked.

Suddenly, electricity shattered the atmosphere. The light bulb overhead burst, scattering shards of glass. The electricity, like thunder, spread everywhere.

"Everyone, go outside," Bakugou and Shoto heard someone yell. With that, people started to run outside from the hall. In the chaos that ensued, Bakugou instinctively shielded Todoroki from danger, his protective instinct taking over.

"Let's get outside!"

Urgently, they maneuvered through the chaos, navigating the startled crowd. Once outside, the cool night air offered a reprieve from the tension inside.

"Are you okay?"

Bakugou, still reeling from the adrenaline rush, nodded. The unexpected incident had disrupted the festivities, leaving an air of uncertainty in its wake.

"But Bakugou, your hand?" Shoto said. When Bakugou looked at his hand, he saw there was an injury on his shoulder because of glass. It is still remaining in the shoulder. The glass probably hit him when he was trying to protect Shoto.

Knowing that it is hard to heal with his wolf power because of the glass there, Bakugou looked at Shoto.

"Can you help me? Take this out?" Shoto, sweating, looked at him.

"I think we should go to the hospital. You know-"

"Damn it, just do it already." Listening to Bakugou, Shoto took it out. Bakugou winced in pain, but after that, he looked around.

"What just happened?" Shoto asked looking around.

"I don't know, but first, we have to find others."

In the cool night air, Bakugou and Todoroki surveyed their surroundings, searching for their friends. Momo and Jiro were visible, but Kirishima was nowhere to be found.

"Where is Kirishima?" Bakugou asked Momo.

"I saw him at the back of the stage before the incident," Momo said.

Bakugou, displaying rare concern for his friend, decided to re-enter the hall to locate Kirishima.

Bakugou looked at Shoto. "Stay here. I'll find Kirishima and be right back."

"But Bakugou, you are injured a-"

Despite Todoroki's protests, Bakugou rushed back inside.

"Will he do the same for me? Will he come for me when I'm in trouble too?"

As the chilly emotions coursed through Todoroki's body, he distanced himself from Jiro and Momo, heading home alone. The shattered harmony of the evening mirrored the complexities of their relationships, leaving Todoroki to grapple with the unsettling feelings that lingered within.