A Soft Landing

Chapter 10: A Soft Landing

Eager to catch a glimpse of Bakugou, Shoto ventured into their class the next day.

As soon as the girls spotted Todoroki, they flocked around him, caught up in a sudden bout of fangirling. Kirishima, quick on his feet, grabbed Shoto's hand and whispered a strategic plan.

"Look for Bakugou? Bakugou went to the teacher's office with a pile of papers. If you go there, you might catch up with him."

Following Kirishima's guidance, Shoto navigated the halls until he stumbled upon Bakugou, laden with an overwhelming stack of papers that obstructed his view.

"Hey! Need some help?" Todoroki asked. Bakugou growled at Todoroki. "Are you happy now, making me embarrassing in front of students?" He asked.

"I'm more embarrassed than you actually," Shoto said, trying to ease the tension. "I like cool, calm and tall persons, not actors." Bakugou muttered, looking away. Shoto raised his eyebrow. 'Did you say something?"

Bakugou blushed. "Don't follow me, idiot."

"Come on, Ba—"
"Oi, look out!" Bakugou yelled.

In an unexpected turn of events, Shoto missed the steps on the stairs, descending into a shared pratfall.

Shoto, bracing for impact, closed his eyes tightly. When he dared to open them, he found himself on top of Bakugou. Bakugou, in a protective gesture, had shielded Shoto using his own body. Shoto could feel Bakugou's hands around his waist protectively.

For the first time, Shoto felt a heat on his face that had nothing to do with embarrassment. His heart raced, and an unfamiliar warmth spread through him.