Morning Conversations

Chapter 17: Morning Conversations

The soft morning light filtered into Bakugou's modest home as Shoto woke up. To his surprise, he felt the warmth of someone else's hand on him. Turning slightly, he discovered Bakugou still peacefully asleep beside him. Blushing, Shoto attempted to extricate himself, but Bakugou, ever alert, stirred and caught his hand.

Bakugou, eyes half-open, placed a hand on Shoto's forehead.

"You're still a bit cold, but it's better than yesterday."

Releasing his hand, Bakugou sat up and looked at Shoto, inquiring about his breakfast preferences.

"Anything specific you want to eat?"

Recalling yesterday's meal, Shoto expressed a craving for cold soba. Bakugou, a subtle smile playing on his lips, went to the kitchen to prepare it.

Once the cold soba was ready, Bakugou offered the dish to Shoto, and they sat down to eat together. In the quiet intimacy of the morning, Shoto decided to delve into a more personal conversation.

"Do you live alone, Bakugou?"

Bakugou, nodding, tossed a nonchalant question back at Shoto.

"And you? What about your living situation?"

Shoto explained that he currently lived with a friend, who happened to be absent at the moment. Intrigued, Shoto continued the conversation by inquiring about Bakugou's family.

"Do you have family around here?"

Bakugou's demeanor shifted, his gaze averting from Shoto's eyes.

"Let's not talk about that," he said, avoiding eye contact.

Sensing the sensitivity of the topic, Shoto decided not to press further. Instead, he shifted the conversation to lighter matters, discussing their favorite books, and hobbies. The morning unfolded in a symphony of shared moments, building a bridge between them that stretched beyond the mundane.