guys and dolls

Althea sits criss-cross on her bed, doing homework, already in her pajamas. She hears a quick and excited nock on her door and immediately knows it's her brother.

"Come in." She yells and he immediately runs in. She looks up to see him bouncing on his heals, DVD case in hand. She giggles at the goofy smile on his face.

"Do you want to come over to Ethan's with me? His parents aren't home."

"What are you going to do?" She questions.

"Knights of Ninjitsu IV!" He says excitedly.

"I'll pass." Althea rolls her eyes.

"Thea!!! You should play. You're good at video games." He begs. She tilts her head and gives him a deadpan look. "Yah maybe not good at video games but you'll have fun." He says. She sighs, looking back at the piles of homework on her bed.

"I... I want to but I have homework." She says and Benny rolls his eyes.

"Lameeee." Benny taunts, signing an L with is fingers on his forehead. Althea rolls her eyes and turns back to her work.

"I'll come over when I finish." She says, playing with the sleeves of her green sweatshirt.

"Yes." Benny celebrates. He turns out of her room, slamming the door behind him. Althea goes back to her homework, quickly moving through AP and college classes. She checks the clock when she finishes, it's only been about an hour fifteen. She picks up her phone and dials her boyfriend's number. He picks up within one ring.

"Hey!" Rory says excitedly and Althea smiles at the sound of his voice.

"I'm going over to Ethan's. You should come." She can hear him immediately start to run out of his room.

"Ok. Meet you at your house." He breathes heavily.

"Bye, baby." She says and he says a quick goodbye before hanging up. Althea gets out of bed, stretching her limbs out. She grabs her homework and shoves them into the corresponding binders and folders. She puts them, along with her notebooks and laptop in her backpack. The brunette girl walks downstairs me, going into the fridge and finding the blood substitute her grandma makes. She empties the bag into a metal water bottle.

"Hello." Her grandmother's voice makes her jump.

"Jesus." Althea clutches her chest, feeling like she's about to have a heart attack.

"Good to see you out of your cave." Althea rolls her eyes at her grandmother's words.

"I was doing homework." She tuns around and starts to walk to the front door.

"Where are you off to? Ethan's?" Evelyn asks, Benny probably told her. Althea nods.

"Yah but, I'm waiting for Rory." The older woman's interest is peaked by this.

"The blonde boyfriend?" She asks, causing Althea to blush. "Did you tell your brother?"

"No and..."

"I wont tell him. You've kept secrets for me, I'll keep them for you." Althea lets out a relieved sigh.

"Thank your Grandm-" She is cut off.

"But," Althea's eyes widen, "you should tell him soon. The longer you keep it from him, the more angry he will be with you. And we need to talk about where I found that boy." Althea looks at her, begging her not to bring it up.

"Grandma, please don't." She shakes off the idea of her Grandma thinking she was having sex.

"Are you being safe?" Althea fake gags.