lawn of the dead

"Hey!" Althea hears her blonde friend call as she closes her locker. She turns to him, smiling awkwardly.

"Hey Ror." She says as he walks up to her. "How are you?" They haven't talked about their kiss yet and now it's incredibly awkward between the two. This happened after the summer they had the fling too. Sure they talked and texted all the time when she went back to New York but, they never talked about them. They decided it's better if they do nothing about it because they're not able to see each other but now that Althea is living in Whitechapel, they have to revisit the conversation.

"I'm... good." He mumbles, bouncing on his toes. Althea sighs, deciding that she can't do this anymore.

"Can we talk about it?" Althea asks, not waiting for an answer to take him by the hand and pull him into an empty classroom. Once they get into the room, the girl looks at Rory expectantly but he just stares at their interlocked hands, a stupid smile on his face. "Ror?" His head shoots up, his eyes kind of wide.

"Oh. Yah. What do we need to talk about?"

"You kissed me." She reminds him.

"Yah. That was awesome." He grins.

"Rory! My brother can't know about this. He gets upset when a guy so much as looks at me." She says. Benny doesn't look like the crazy protective type but, when it comes to his sister he totally is. She's been through a lot in her life and he gets that which has led to him being more and more protective.

"Is there something to know about?" Rory smirks.

"I don't know. Maybe. I really like you." She looks at the ground as she says the last part.

"I really like you too. We should go on a date!" He exclaims and she nods softly.

"Ok. But, if we do, you can't tell my brother. You can't tell anyone. Promise?" She asks and Rory nods quickly.

"I promise, A. Nobody will know. It'll be like a secret romance. Like Romeo and Julia." He smiles.

"It's Juliette." Althea tells him, a smile on her face.

"Huh?"

"Romeo and Julie... never mind."

"Ok. So when should we go on a date?" He practically yells excitedly.

"Shhh! I'll text you I gotta get back to B and E." Althea smiles.

"Ok. See ya later." Rory smiles and leans down, quickly kissing the brunette vampire on the lips before turning around and walking off to his next class. She's left standing in the room, a giddy smile on her face. She giggles quietly, something she's not exactly used to doing.

Althea walks out of the room, going to find Benny and Ethan. She walks up to see Ethan and Sarah talking and Benny talking to his crush, Della, a bouquet of roses in his hand. She comes up to Ethan to hear Sarah ask him for twenty dollars.

"Why do you need twenty dollars?" Althea asks, coming into their conversation from behind, causing Ethan to jump a little.

"It's for a good cause." She assures the two.

"Twenty dollars? Like now?" Ethan questions her. "Um." He's interrupted by the sound of Della crying. The three look over to see Benny giving her the flowers.

"What did he do?" Althea asks, worried about the girl who Benny just left in tears.

"Awesome news!" Benny says excitedly as he walks over to the group. "Della's dog died!" Benny smiles and Althea gives him a weird look.

"And that's good news?" Sarah asks.

"Yah." Benny chuckles, nodding a bit.

"You're a monster." Althea tells her brother.