first day

Benny and Althea walk up to the school, looking for Ethan in the mess of kids. Luckily enough they all have a similar schedule so she's in lunch with Benny, Rory, and Ethan. Because she's in basically all advanced classes however, she's only in a couple classes with her three friends. Canada's school system is so off from New York's that she has already taken most the classes that they have taken and the ones they will take next year. They spot Ethan at the same time and he immediately runs up and hugs the young girl.

"It's nice to see you Thea." The trio walks up to the building together, Althea in between Benny and Ethan.

"Benny tells me the two of you traumatized Jane last night." She teases and Benny laughs.

"Dude it's not funny. My parents are saying they're gonna get a babysitter." She can't help herself from breaking out laughing.

"A babysitter? For you?" Benny basically yells, making Althea laugh even harder.

"Shh!"

"Classic." Althea stops her laughing to say. Benny hold out his hand and she high fives it.

"Keep it down you two! This kind of info could totally ruin a rep." Ethan says.

"Because you have such a bad boy reputation. Wouldn't wanna ruin that." Althea retorts causing Benny to chuckle and Ethan to roll his eyes.

"It's not for me, its for Jane." Ethan mumbles.

"Sure." Shes says and he glares at her.

"On the positive side, one of these primo high school babes could totally be at your house tonight." Althea gives him a disgusted look as they stop in the hallway. "Hey hot stuff." He says at a girl as she walks by. Althea hits him on the back of the head.

"Why are you so gross?" Althea says causing Benny to sick his tongue out at her. "Yah real mature."

"I'm not the one with a babysitter." He motions to Ethan.

"How did I get dragged into this?" Ethan complains.

"So, who is it?" Althea questions the boy that was like a brother to her.

"All I know is her names Erica and she goes to this school. With any luck, I can talk my parents out of it by tonight." He says and Benny nods along.

"Hey! Principal Hicks, let me give you a hand." The three hear, causing them to look over at the principal, hanging a missing poster for some kid. A freak looking guy with a gaggle of emos helps the principal.

"Oh. Thank you Jesse. Much better."

"Who's the emo?" Althea asks and the two shrug.

"Anything for our fearless leader." Sarcasm drips off this kids lips. Her eyes widen, shocked as he takes the coffee out of the principal's hands. "You mind?" He asks before taking a sip. "Ah. French roast."

"French roast." The Hicks mindlessly repeats and all three of the friends watching the scene look at each other.

"Good choice." He gives him the coffee back.

"Good choice." It happens again. Before the emo kid walks away he looks over at the three grade grade nines. One of the kids in the pack, the one wearing a grey shirt that contrasts his dark skin, winks at Althea. Benny steps forward so she is now slightly behind him. The trio looks over at Principal Hicks weirdly.

"Hehe. Boys in the drama club always making a scene." He plays it off, clearly also weirded out by it.

***

By lunch time, Althea still hasn't seen Rory at all yet. She frowns but cheers up slightly, knowing he's in this lunch and her next class.