deer named moose

i was getting ready for bed when i heard my phone buzz. i hit the 'notify anyway' button, so it better be important if they're interrupting my skin care routine. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

private chat: chris and maisy

chrisp 🥖
park?

                                                                                                                                                           k.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

of course it was chris. to be honest, i needed the park tonight for myself. i avoided the feeling of going in fear of seeing chris, but i knew we needed to get over this little thing for the good of the group. it was already getting awkward and unfair for them to have to suffer because he's a dickwad.

i was currently in light pink sweat shorts with a white tank top, grabbing a grey zip up to stay warm. i threw on my pink smiley face slippers and grabbed my car keys, locking in avalon on my way out. 

i would have asked if he needed a ride, but i could not care enough to sit in a car with him in awkward silence. i had to mentally prepare myself for the conversation i did not expect to be having this soon.  

i turned on the best hype music possible, the midnight memories album by one direction, and began my drive.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i was making my way to the swings, seeing a figure sitting on one with his brown hoodie up. there was a street lamp shining over him, illuminating his figure in light.

as i walked closer, a sprite from mcdonalds in hand, i grew anxious. no matter how much i rehearsed what i needed to say, i knew it would backfire in my face. it was hard to rehearse tough conversations when you have no clue how the other person would react.

sadly, life is not a script we all have the lines to. 

i sat down next to him quietly, seeing him jump a bit out of fear. i went to giggle, but covered it with a cough. i did not feel like giving him the amusement that i was a happy person because as of right now, i was a very angry maisy.

as i was about to bring up the elephant in the room, he spoke up, "damn, went to mcdonalds and could not even splurge on a soda for me, ms.teen vogue?"

i knew he was joking around, just teasing me like we tend to do. i just wanted to have the conversation i came here to have and leave. say i was overreacting, i don't care. when someone makes a promise, you do not break it.  no matter what.

"funny to think you deserve one." i shot back while taking a sip out of my straw and looking at my feet, rocking back and forth calmly on the swings.

"maise, what the fuck did i do?" he asked calmy, confusion "stop acting so perfect and oblivious chris! how could you not realize that this place meant everything to me and you went and ruined that? bringing who knows who here?" i looked over at him in frustration, tired of his cute innocent act.

he's pulled that since we were kids, never admitting to his faults and making excuses to avoid the issue. he always avoided conflict, another reason i did not want to have this conversation.

he just looked at me, not saying anything. i could not tell if he was mustering up a really good excuse or too stubborn to apologize, so i continued, "look, i get if you have your own friends and people, but don't break a promise. that pisses me off more than everything, and you know that chris. remember when avalon and i got into that huge fight during our senior year of high school because she promised me that she would not meddle in my prom date search, and then found like 15 candidates?! she thought was nice, but the promise being broken really fucking sucked. she made it more embarrassing." i continued to ramble as he just looked at me and listened, waiting for me to finish.