diana & olivia

matt pov

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

there has now been 4 times i've given up my room for maisy.

the first time being when we were only ten. she got into a fight with her mom and said she was going to run away. i said, "maisy you can't make it far, you're a kid." but her being maisy, she said she was going to do it anyway. i proposed she instead slept in my room for a night to get away, and i would sleep in chris' room.

the second time we were fourteen. it was after the first week of freshman year and she just couldn't handle the stress of it. her anxiety got the best of her. i opened my door for her and crashed on the couch. she really needed that moment alone, outside of her family.

the third time was last year. she got broken up with. nobody knew what to do, what to say, we had never seen maisy so lost in her own head. she couldn't sleep for days so i, once again, gave her my room and headed to her apartment, staying with av.

now we're at the fourth and she's fighting with the strongest bond she's ever had.

maisy used to struggle a lot with her words, she could never get out just what she was thinking. she'd get flustered, forget how to talk, or when it got to its lowest- she'd shut everybody out and keep everything in.

i've helped her over time and now she's doing so much better, she can speak, be her own voice. she's made so much progress and i'm thankful she always feels like she can come to me in moments of desperation. she's my best friend and i see so much of myself within her.

she and avalon are so different, polar opposites. sometimes i can't wrap my head around how they're so close. at the same time, i think that's why they're so close. they've both taught each other a lot. maisy is overly empathic, feeling the smallest things in the strongest way. taking every last word to heart. avalon is loving but oblivious. she shows her love by being goofy and joking, her flaw is she never knows when it's taken too far.

neither of their traits are a bad thing, just their weakest points.

i arrived to their apartment, letting myself in. i see avy lying on her side on the couch, bundled up with her attention to the tv. she looked up and saw me walking in her direction, pulling herself to sit up, pausing what she was watching. 

"is maisy at your house?" is the first thing she said, knowing why i was here. i nodded my head and sat next to her, pulling her back to lay against my side.

"does she absolutely hate me?" she asked while toying with my fingers. i shook my head, "were not talking about the same maisy, my maise could never hate avalon west." i tried to joke to lighten the mood but she didn't say anything.

i tapped the top of her head, "whats going on in there?" she took a deep breath and sat fully up, putting her legs into a criss cross. "i have a confession." she admitted. i nodded letting her know to continue. "i think im obsessed with the idea of maisy and chris... being together?" she said as if she were questioning herself.

before she gave me the chance to reply, she started making a X motion with her hands, "no no no, hear me out. i know that they're like sworn off to hate each other or whatever, but it couldn't be more perfect. everyone knows he likes her, none of us are stupid." she finally paused, waiting for me to reply. "yes but we can't force that on them av, what happens happens."