don't piss maisy off

"guys! this is so fucking cool!" chris had exclaimed while watching the video from the phone in his hands while sitting on the living room couch. his two brothers crowded around him, as well as madi, while avalon and i watched their faces in anticipation to see what they may be thinking.

we were showing them the video we had filmed days prior with teen vogue. we received a copy of the video before it would be released in case we needed anything edited out or modified. however, it was perfect and they did an amazing job at displaying our authentic selves.

it is easy to have your character twisted in the face of the media, especially for views or clicks.

while the group watched the interview portion, i decided to stray into the kitchen to grab a drink. if i'm being honest, i was feeling awkward about the whole thing. seeing avalon being asked questions about advice to young girls while it felt like i was there to be the cute best friend left me in a weird spot.

don't get me wrong, i absolutely love matt and avalon together. two of my favorite people on this planet. they are truly perfect for one another, souls meant to find one another. they balance one another out in every way. matt is the calm to avalon's crazy. the rational to her irrational. the laughter to her stupid jokes.

i want someone to understand me the way he does her. to take the time to get to know me in a way nobody else has because they want to, not because they feel obligated to. who wants to know my heart, not what is underneath my clothes. who wants to hear my thoughts and feelings, not dismiss it as being dramatic.
who wants to love me in a way i never really felt before.

while i was sitting there with my thoughts and drinking out of my dr. pepper, the couple walked din, looking at me with curiosity.  not wanting to deal with my emotions in a healthy way, i just softly smiled before making my way back into the living room.

i only walked into a questioning look from nic while chris had an unreadable expression on his face

perhaps he was confused about why i never responded to his text about the park, or he knew he fucked up by showing someone else the spot he promised to never show anybody else. to say i was angry was an understatement. i felt like the one thing i had was stripped away and introduced to someone else.

call me dramatic, but anybody who breaks a pinky promise does not have my trust anymore.

we were finally building something up, a friendship shared between the both of us. something i felt i did not need to share with the others in the group, moments we had and inside jokes we made.

it was clear that it meant more to me than it did to him.

madi could sense the uneasiness in me so she does what she does best, try to cheer everyone up. "bowling?" she asked us all as matt and av walked back into the living room and shifted their eyes over to my spot on the couch.

before i knew it, we were in matt's car on the way to the bowling alley.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i was grabbing a bowling ball from the rack on the wall when chris came up next to me. i rolled my eyes and began to walk away from him when he grabbed my wrist to turn me around so he could meet my eyes.

i could barely even see his due to the hat he was wearing on his head. if i wasn't pissed at him, i would be tempted to flick it off of his head, but the silent treatment seemed like the better option for the circumstances right now.

"maisyyyy talk to me. you talk a lot and i don't think you are even close to your hourly word count," he said to me, trying to make a joke. i was not in the joking mood.