private sleepovers

we were all worn out after the picnic that we decided to just change into our pajamas and watch a movie before bed. due to the sleepover being so last second, i had to borrow clothes from nic and avalon as she has a drawer in matt's dresser for her belongings when they have sleepovers. it consisted of a hoodie of nic's and sleep shorts from avalon.

after we had changed into our pajamas, we all gathered around the couch with avalon and matt sharing a love seat together due to the lack of room, considering there was 6 of us. nic went to grab the wheel from his room while we all sat in silence, scrolling through our social medias.

"the wheel has arrived!" nic screamed out while stomping down the stairs. i had looked up from the tiktok i was watching to see him in a green leprechaun onesie. we all began to laugh at him, but he did not pay any mind to it.

madi had the honors of spinning the wheel tonight with all of our names on it in order to decide who was picking the movie tonight.

"if it lands on maisy again, i am boycotting the wheel tradition." chris exclaimed from his spot on the opposite end of the couch from me. he was wearing blue plaid pajama pants with a grey t-shirt.

"stop being jealous that inanimate objects like me better than you, just like people. i will always be better ranked than you" i remarked back. chris just rolled his eyes.

the wheel had stopped on my name which made everyone burst into laughter, but chris who knew they would be watching tangled once again. i had cheered and got up to run to the other end of the couch in order to flip off chris, sticking my fingers right in his face.

i had announced that tangled would be the movie of the night after sitting back down, to which chris got up, put his hands in the air, stating that he "can not do it again."

"sit your ass back down" avalon said while laughing at chris' typical dramatics. he is the youngest sibling, after all. chris ignored her and started to the kitchen for another pepsi, to which matt said, "hey! she's talking to you!"

"i only watched it twice this week!" i exclaimed. chris just sat back down and side eyed me.

"it isn't like you will pay attention anyways. when a movie is not of concern for you, you just go on your phone." madi said from next to him. he just nodded his head, knowing it was true. whenever chris does not choose the movie, he just sits on his phone in order to continue hanging out with us without having to focus on something he could care less about. he tends to always be on his phone during tangled.

we have been watching this movie forever, considering it has been my favorite since we were kids.

we all got under our selective blankets and began to watch the movie, with the exception of chris who was on his phone playing a game.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the movie had ended a bit ago and everyone was asleep, but me. matt and avalon were sleeping in his room while madi and i were in nic's for the night. it is how it always has been when we have sleepovers. however, i kept tossing and turning. sleeping has been difficult for me lately. i am not exactly sure why, or if there even is a reason.

i guess it's just hard to turn off the voices in your head, sometimes.

i decided to go to the kitchen and grab a glass of water in hopes that it would help.when it didn't, i sat down on the couch with my blanket i brought downstairs with me and turned on the tv, turning on criminal minds.

it was one of my favorite shows. i have watched the seasons countless times. if i didn't go into influencing, i would have loved to have majored in criminal justice.