Chapter 2.3: Real friend or fake friend?

Start from the beginning

Jay: (while pointing Y/n) "Especially you. Understood?"

You nodded but didn't knew why he said it to you. Jay knew after what he said in front of the class. Sujin must have got angry. And he said it on purpose to make her leave him alone.

Everyone in the class was amused by Jay's reply because everyone knew you were close but mentioning you are special it made them think you both are dating. Everyone starts mumbling.

Classmate 1: "Su-jin surely gutsy. She went to talk to Jay even after he rejected her coldly in morning"

Classmate 2: "I knew they have a thing, that's why they hang together"

Classmate 3: " Yeah, he said that she is special to him."

Classmate 1: "Come to think of it Y/n is so lucky; we all long for jay's just one glimpse but he always acts cold towards us and whenever he is with Y/n is he whole different personality"

Classmate 2: "Not only Y/n but Rose and Yunjin too. I don't think Y/n and Jay are couple."

Classmate 1: "Yes you are right. He is close with rose and Yunjin too so he is just good to them because they are his friends"

Classmate 3: "Along with Jay even Jake cling to Y/n as if they are dating."

Classmate 4: "Maybe she is dating one of them and we just never doubt it."

The mumbling grows louder, filling the classroom with curiosity and creating rumours between each other. This is what Jay actually wanted. 

Teacher: (Clearing their throat loudly) "Alright, everyone, settle down

Teacher: (Clearing their throat loudly) "Alright, everyone, settle down. Class is about to begin."

Sujin: (in mind) "I have to act nice with Y/n since she is close to Jay. It's the only way I can be close to him."

Jiyeon: "Sujin? What's happening?"

Sujin: "Y/n is getting on my nerves now."

Jiyeon: "I told you yesterday; she is not a normal girl. Almost half of the school is behind her, and she even snatched my first place in exams. I hate her so much."

Sujin: "But she is the only ladder that will take me close to Jay's heart. I can't let him go like this."

At the art club,

[You are painting with Su-Jin

[You are painting with Su-Jin.]

Su-Jin: (acting friendly) You're really good at painting, Y/n.

Y/n: Thanks, Su-Jin. I've been taking art classes for a few years now.

Su-Jin: (fake compliments) I can tell. You have a real talent for it.

Y/n: I'm glad you think so. I really enjoy painting. It's a way for me to express myself and be creative.

Y/n: (in mind) "See I knew it, she is nice. Jay was getting hyper for nothing"

Sujin smirked quietly and bell rang.

Teacher: "Class dismissed. See you all tomorrow."

Everyone made their way out of the class. You went back to classroom and took your bag and started walking outside with your friends.

In hallway,

Jay and Jake waved the girls goodbye, and Y/n, Rose, and Yunjin walked towards the gate

Su-jin: (Gathering her books, her mind still replaying the interaction with Jay) "He's so cold. Why does he have to be so difficult?"

Su-jin makes her way out of the classroom, her thoughts consumed by Jay's rejection.

Su-jin: (Spotting Jay with Jake in the distance) "There he is. Maybe I can try again."

Su-jin hesitated for a moment but she gathered all her courage and went to him.

Su-jin: (Trying to sound casual) "Hey, Jay."

Jay: (Turns to look at her) "What do you want?"

Su-jin: (Her voice dropping slightly) "I just wanted to talk."

Jay: (cold) "About what?"

Su-jin: (Taking a deep breath, trying to gather her courage) "Look, I'm sorry if I came on too strong earlier. I just thought maybe we could be friends or something."

Jay: (Raising an eyebrow) "I don't do friends."

Su-jin: "Why not?"

Jay: "I prefer staying alone."

Su-jin: "Is there a reason? Did I do something wrong?"

Jay: "No, it's not you. I just... don't like to get involved with people."

Su-jin: "But you have friends, right? You look so comfortable with Y/n. It doesn't seem that you don't like to get involve with people."

Jay: (smirk) "Don't even compare yourself with Y/n. And if you are done then leave my way"

With a final glance at Jay's unreadable expression, Su-jin turns and walks away with frustration and anger. Jiyeon, who was waiting for Sujin, came running towards her.

Jiyeon: "So, did he agree?"

Sujin: (anger) "No, I will not leave that Y/n."

Jiyeon: "What did he say?"

Sujin: (anger) "He said, 'Don't compare yourself with Y/n.'"

Jiyeon: (smirk) "I think we should teach Y/n a good lesson."