Chapter 15-p3

There was that phrase again, Ancient Greeks. Odysseus resolved to find out what that meant, but then, Louiza's two henchmen took his arms and forced them behind him, pushing him roughly to the railing and attaching cold metal manacles to his wrists.

Several men shouted, and even Polites stepped forward.

"Please! We're not lying!" He cried.

"Polites," Odysseus hoped his voice sounded reassuring. "Stand down, its alright."

"Don't you know who this is?" Eurylochus jumped in, but Odysseus shook his head as the officers let him stand.

"Nobody, I'm just nobody," he said quickly. "Please, Officer Louiza, you can take me away, but, please let my men go home."

"Until any one of you can tell us exactly who you are and where 'home' is," Louiza's voice was kind, but firm, "we can't let any of you go. You will all have to be checked out, and the child will need to go into Protective Services."

"But—" Odysseus didn't know what Protective Services was exactly, but he felt his heart breaking at the thought. "He's my son, he's in my protective services."

"It'll only be temporary," Louiza said, taking the boy from Cassandra. Asterion smiled at her, completely oblivious to what was going on. He reached for the box on her shoulder and Louiza expertly redirected his hand. "Once we get all of this sorted out, you will all be free to go on your way. Come on, 'Odysseus.'" She said his name with a very slight emphasis, as if in sarcasm, but Odysseus was not in any position to argue, with his hands bound behind him.

He hung his head, and followed Louiza to her boat, doing his best to appear contrite and miserable, which, was not difficult. He was miserable. How had this journey gone so badly that even home wasn't home anymore?