27

august 1st, 2015
[ real time ]

as jungkook sat on his carpet with pruned, soap covered hands scrubbing the freshly dropped blood splatters out of the fabric, he couldn't help but laugh at how drastically different his life was... how different he was last summer.

last summer, jungkook would spend his days walking his dog, specifically around 3pm because he knew taehyung liked to play basketball in his driveway around that time. he would sit on his patio and doodle, stealing glances of taehyung whenever he was outside and playing with his friends or his older brother jin. jungkook used to go to the park and read, and on the very rare occasion, he would subtly follow taehyung to the beach to watch taehyung surf.

a lone tear ran down jungkook's face as he felt the long lost feeling of joy spread across his chest at the thought of how happy he used to be a year ago. and now, here he was, cleaning up his own blood from his self inflicted wounds, alone and miserable.

you aren't meant to be happy like that anymore. get over yourself.

jungkook frowned deeply, the twisted feeling of comfort from those thoughts concerning him. yet, there was nothing he could do about it anymore.

well, nothing good. he had his way of quieting down his thoughts, and he was at least self-aware enough to be disturbed by this development. but again, there was nothing he could do. he was falling deeper by the day.

jungkook shook his head, the cloudiness in his eyes clearing slightly as he refocused to the task at hand. it wasn't like his parents came into his room, literally ever, but he was too paranoid and didn't want them finding out his secret.

he continued to scrub for almost a full minute until he heard a loud 'tap' from his window. jungkook ignored it, it's probably taehyung throwing rocks at my window again, and continued scrubbing. that was until an abrupt series of loud 'taps' followed suit, causing an alarmed jungkook to pop his head over his bed.

expecting to see a damaged window, jungkook was surprised and panicked at the sight of taehyung crouching down right outside his window.

what the fuck? jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, standing up to then abruptly fall right back down to the floor because,

your arms!

oh. right.

jungkook felt the panic rise in his chest at the thought of taehyung seeing that because who knows what would happen? taehyung could easily spread it around town and jungkook would have to end his shit much sooner than anticipated.

he only prayed taehyung didn't get a glimpse of his wrists as he peaked his head back over the bed, narrowing his eyes to cover up the feeling of wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

taehyung was smiling slightly, a faint blush covering his cheeks as he realized how crazy he must look at the moment.

he did wonder why jungkook was hiding behind his bed, though he didn't question it.

jungkook kept his murderous gaze, trying to hint to taehyung to fucking go away. because, like hell he'll change with taehyung right there.

taehyung's small smile faltered as jungkook's stone cold gaze stayed trained on his eyes. he winced internally as he realized that, yeah, maybe he was overstepping. he mouthed an embarrassed 'sorry' as he turned his back and leaned against the window. because even though he got the hint, he wasn't backing down.

he was going to talk to jungkook today.

jungkook grumbled, frantically scrubbing the last few drops of blood to hide any evidence of his deed. not that taehyung was coming in his room, he would genuinely rather dive out the window then have that happen, but he was too paranoid and taehyung was too persistent.