EWB 41

We now down to the last couple of chapters. Wonder how this gonna turn out tho lmao

Hailey

"Do you, Hailey Carmen take Caleb Kirk to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Casey asked in the most serious look a seven year old girl could give while she looked at me.

"I do" I said, making Casey nod before turning to her brother.

"And do you, Caleb Kirk, take Hailey Carmen to be your lawfully wedded wife?" She asked. Caleb slowly passed a glance at me, his cheeks extremely red, before turning back to Casey

"Of course" he answered before flashing Casey the biggest grin

"Good" Casey said "You may now kiss the bride"

Caleb and I turn to face each other before he slowly pulls the make-shift veil off my face.

And I didn't even wait a single second before I leaned forward, closed my eyes, pouted my lips, and waited for him to kiss me. Jesus Christ, this seven year old girl needs to be stopped lol.

Caleb never kissed his bride, however.

Instead, all I heard was footsteps running out of Casey's room, and when I opened my eyes, Casey was looking at the now-open door then back at me.

Never thought that a seven year old girl's heart would be crushed this young, to be honest. Her groom running away from her.

I was both angry and sad for the rest of the day.

Caleb didn't come out of his room for the rest of the time that I was there (as he should), and when I decided it was time to go home, I left.

I was still angry and sad though, so before I could even go back inside my house, I sat by the edge of the street in front of my front lawn and opened the chocolate bar Caleb gave me earlier before he ran away from me.

"Stupid Caleb" I muttered under my breath as I angrily bit a piece off my chocolate bar.

As I slowly calmed down, I felt someone walking closer to me.

And I didn't have to see to know who it was.

"Hey" Caleb said as he sat beside me. I just rolled my eyes and turned to my left. I'm still mad at him.

"You like the chocolate I gave you?" He asked, making me huff and cross my arms as I turn more to the side.

This made Caleb sigh.

"I'm sorry I didn't marry you today" Caleb said in his cute tiny voice, making me almost fold. Almost.

Okay I wasn't really mad. I mean what's there to be mad about? We were just playing and Casey basically forced us to get married just because she was bored forcing her barbie and ken dolls to marry.

"It's okay" I tell Caleb as I slowly turn to him and flash him a small smile, to which he returns.

"I promise, when we're older and we get married, I won't run away anymore. Okay?" He says as he puts his pinky finger up.

I look at it and the smile on my face instantly grows before I hook my pinky finger on his.

"Deal" I say as we both smile at each other, not knowing exactly how long we just stayed there like that.

All I could remember is that the eye contact only broke when Casey popped out of their front door and yelled at Caleb saying dinner was ready.

"Night, Hailey" Caleb said as we unhooked our pinkies from each other.