EWB 22

Caleb

"Here" I told Hailey as I handed her a pack of drinking cards. Her eyebrows scrunched up as she looked at it before looking up at me with a confused look all over her face "Relax, I haven't used them yet. See?" I told her as I pointed at the seal on the box "I'm just gonna get us drinks, hang on" I added before heading to the fridge to grab a couple of beers while she sat down the couch and opened the boxes of cards.

I didn't know what I was doing right now, to be honest.

After what happened two months ago, I wasn't even sure if she'd talk to me again. Let alone let me drag her to my apartment. 

The past two months of trying to avoid her not only annoyed the shit out of me, but it definitely didn't do anything for whatever I was feeling for her.

And if it was indeed the alcohol that made her come to my apartment without putting so much of a fight, then so be it. All I know is that I missed her. So damn bad. And it was all my fault.

"Which one of these do you wanna play first?" she asked as she placed the three decks of cards on top of the coffee table while I opened the beer can that I was gonna hand to her.

I looked at the three decks.

At some point during Christmas break, I got extremely bored and decided to check out every item I had on my amazon cart that I completely forgot I had these cards in there.

For context, one of the decks were very... sexual.

"Let's do this one" I told Hailey as I sat down and grabbed the non-sexual deck of cards "You can go first" 

Hailey pursed her lips and picked a card from the deck before reading it. It, however, seemed to confuse her, because her eyebrows scrunched again and she flipped the card to see if there was anything written on the back.

"Wait, so how does this go exactly? If I refuse to answer or do whatever is written here, I take a shot?" she asked. I wasn't sure about how to play the game either so I grabbed the box and read the instructions on the back.

"Yeah. Pretty much. But there's like, a specified amount you have to take if you don't wanna do what the card says" I told her "What does it say?"

Hailey stared at the card and pursed her lips before handing the card to me silently and taking a sip from her beer can, implying that she didn't wanna do whatever it was on her card. 

After taking it off her hand, I read the card.

The person after you can ask you any question. You can either answer truthfully or refuse to answer and drink. 

A small smirk formed on my face as I looked up at her.

"So I'm guessing you don't wanna hear what I wanna ask?" I asked her. She squinted her eyes as she thought about it before slowly bringing the beer can back up to her lips as she maintained eye contact with me, making me laugh.

"Fine" I told her before I picked my card and read it out loud "Starting with you, take turns naming a color. Continue until someone hesitates or repeats a color. That person drinks" 

I placed the card to my side before thinking of my first color

"Red" I said

"Black" Hailey added

"Blue"

"Red!--shit" Hailey said, making me cheer as she drank from her beer can and glared at me.

"Okay" Hailey said as she picked her next card "Everyone votes on who is the biggest alcoholic. That person drinks and also picks another person... to drink? Wait" Hailey said as she placed the card beside her "So basically, we both end up drinking" she told me