EWB 24

Caleb

You stupid ass motherfucker.

My brain told me over and over again so whatever Hailey just said to me would finally sink in my system.

She wanted me out of her life.

For good.

I couldn't explain how I felt as I stared at the now-empty space where she was standing just moments ago.

Despite my brain repeating that phrase over and over again, my body still refused to absorb the fact that Hailey wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

This felt like freshman year all over again, except this time, it was me and all me.

I didn't know how long it took, but as soon as I finally processed that thought, my chest started to ache. Badly. Like, I was physically in pain bad.

I was also tired and a bit drowsy from the night, and I was out of breath that the only thing I could do was slump down the floor and think about what I did. It was a long night, and this morning sure as hell was gonna be equally long. 

The weekend passed, and thanks to my twintuition with Casey (as she calls it, anyway) she storms inside my apartment and demands that I tell her why I was in such a bummy mood and if it involved a certain someone that was living next door.

Of course, the first thing that came to mind as soon as she mentioned Hailey was if Hailey told her about her and me, but I lacked the energy to explain myself or pick a fight with Casey, so without thinking, I ended up telling her everything.

Well, almost everything anyway.

I decided to spare her the... more intricate details of my... private moments with her best friend and just left it to her imagination. Which I was hoping she wouldn't do, since she after all, like me, also had no boundaries.

Damn, we really are twins aren't we?

Of course, she cared more about how Hailey felt right now since it was established that I was the asshole in this situation. She wanted to go to Hailey and talk about it since she also wanted to be there for her best friend, but I told her that that would mean that she'd find out that I told Casey about us, and maybe it would give her another reason to hate me. More.

So without questioning it, Casey agreed and decided she'd just let Hailey tell her all about it on her own time, and that's the only time she could bring up the fact that she already knew beforehand.

"I have been looking everywhere for you" Kierra said as she placed her stuff on the table and sat across from me.

I looked up at her with a confused look all over my face. Given that we've been platonic library buddies since the semester began, she didn't have to look for me since she should already know where I was. 

My friends and I ended up being in different classes and our breaks didn't match up, so I decided I'd just spend my time in the library. Long story short, my new friend here seemed to actually be interested in doing the same, so that's how we ended up being... closer. 

And the more I got to now her, the more I realized that I wasn't attracted to her like that, until I realized that us being just friends had more chemistry than entertaining the fact that I'd date her. 

Well, that, and the fact that she also told me that she was bisexual and had a huge thing for this library chick that we'd always see here every single day. 

"What do you want?" I ask her. She then looks around the library before leaning closer to me.

"Considering that I'm you're only friend currently, and your god-awful mood had been bumming me out these couple of weeks, I figured you'd maybe wanna go out tonight or something" she said, making me let out a laugh.