EWB 25

I actually don't know how many chapters I have left for this story, but this is definitely about to end soon lmao. I'll see you guys in Book 2 I guess lol. 

Hailey

My knees were extremely weak and I don't know if I could stay in this crowded place much longer.

I also didn't want Dean to see me like this so instead of heading straight to where he and his friends were, I headed to the bathroom first to try and compose myself, making sure to let out all the tears I had left before going back outside.

Some drunk girls even tried consoling me, which made me feel a bit better.

As soon as I was sure that I was ready to face everyone again, I took a deep breath, retouched my make up so I didn't look like I just cried, and headed back. 

"Hailey" Dean instantly said, stopping me on my tracks as he held my arms and looked at me with extreme worry all over his face as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom "Are you okay?"

Truthfully, I didn't know how to answer that.

I wasn't okay, but he didn't have to know what happened. All I wanted to do was cry again.

Before I could say something, however, Dean waved me off dismissively.

"Of course you're not. Stupid!" Dean said as he lightly knocked on his head, making me let out a small laugh--which had a bit of  that sound you make when you're about to sob, btw-- which in turn, made Dean smile.

"You wanna leave and then we could talk about it?" Dean asked.

"Would that be okay? I mean you don't have to go with me, I can take care of myself. You should stay and hang out with your friends" I told him, but he just gave me a smile and held my hand.

"It's okay, really. I'm kinda fed up with seeing their faces, anyways. They wouldn't mind" Dean jokingly assured. I was hesitating at first, but in the end I just said okay. Dean looked back at his friends' table and signaled them that we were leaving before he grabbed my hand and led me outside. 

Once we were back in his car, the silence started to get to me and I started crying again. And as soon as I did, Dean immediately pulled me closer to him so he could let me cry on his chest.

"Don't worry, heartbreaks will pass" Dean said as soon as my crying faded and I looked up at him, confused as to how he knew and what exactly did he know. My confused look, however, only made him let out a laugh.

"How... what..." I began

"I followed you outside because I was worried, but when I got there, you were already in this intense drama with Caleb, and I didn't wanna interrupt" Dean said "Also, it was some Netflix series binge-worthy shit, I actually wanted to go back inside and ask if they served popcorn" 

I glared at him and started hitting on his arm playfully, but even then I started laughing at his cruel attempt to comfort me.

"Asshole" I told him as I hit his arm, which only made him laugh harder. We sat in silence for a bit, with his eyes on me the whole time, waiting for me to say something.

Once I had my thoughts in check, I took a deep breath.

"Do you hate me now?" I asked Dean, making him turn to look at me confused and waiting for me to elaborate further "I mean... you know. Because I'm kind of dating you while I still kinda... have a thing for Caleb. Like... I would totally understand if you think I'm using you as a rebound or something and hate me"