EWB 29

I am so sorry for this super late update lol. 

Hailey

Welp. There goes my new stain stick.

I thought as I watched Caleb wave the tide stick in the air while he walked out of there.

There was absolutely no reason for me to check up on him right now and give him my tide stick.

And if we're being honest, there was absolutely no good reason why I decided to grab a cup of coffee in here knowing that this was where he was gonna get his morning coffee. Well, cups of coffee that I'm assuming are for the firm he's currently interning at.

Now, now, don't get me wrong. I'm not a stalker.

I just realized that when we saw each other in here the first time since forever, he was that dumbass standing outside this store wondering if he was going in the right direction.

I just hoped that he wouldn't be in here when I did decide to get my coffee.

...okay maybe that isn't entirely true, but I'm still not stalking him.

I just... accepted the fact that one way or another, we were gonna run into each other again considering that my apartment was just a couple blocks down from here.

I just don't think I was prepared to be interacting with him again already this early.

And if he ever decides to actually give me my stain stick back, then I was determined to avoid him at all costs.

For the time being anyway.

I just know something messed up is gonna happen and we'll somehow see each other again anyway. It's just the universe letting me know that I'm its least favorite being on the planet, I guess.

I didn't even mean to follow him to the bathroom and give him my stain stick.

But as soon as he took his shirt off and was only in that extremely fitted shirt underneath that hugged his surprisingly built torso, it was as if my brain stopped working and next thing I know, I was a bumbling idiot standing in front of him like a fan girl who saw her boyband crush in front of her. It was horrible.

And I definitely did not need to be thinking about how good Caleb looked right now, especially since I had a very very loving boyfriend.

Who never even thought about hurting me.

A couple of weeks passed since that thing at Starbucks.

I was getting the hang of it in law school, and I quickly made friends as well. One of the guys in class, Jake, asked me if I wanted to be a part of his study group with others from our class too, and long story short, we've been hanging out at the campus library every single day discussing the topics and cases for our classes.

And having people to study with in law school made things so much easier compared to when you're doing it alone.

Not that I had problems with studying alone. I actually like studying on my own, but right now, I was actually super grateful that I had my study group with me.

It was a Friday night and my study group and I were hanging out at Jake's apartment studying for a quiz tomorrow, and we were sort of planning on doing a semi-all nighter. Just a semi, cause we'd all probably head home at around 3am and get some quick sleep before our quiz.

Once we were done with the second round of our practice quiz, we all dropped our books in unison and groaned.

"Man, I hope we wing this out tomorrow" Max said as he rubbed his now-sleepy eyes.