Chapter 23: Jackpot

Wow... more than a YEAR since I last updated this story... I feel like you all deserve an explanation because a lot has happened in that year... I was going through a major writer's block and on top of life and mental/substance struggles it got hard for me to stay motivated but... I got help, quit the substances and I'm doing much better now and I'm ready and excited to embark us all back on this adventure to Calgary!

To all of the amazing followers/readers who have stuck with me on this journey and especially to those of you who come back for this chapter... Thank you! From the bottom of my heart. I know it's just a fanfiction and it might not mean much to some but to me, this is such an amazing place for me to share my ideas and writing with wonderful people, and escape reality which can be so cruel. With all your support it truly helps in ways you can't imagine. HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU! :)

I answered your reviews at the bottom as always. ENJOY!

Chapter 23: Jackpot

Clarke's P.O.V (7:30 am)

"Clarke, it's ready." When I heard Raven say those words I felt a rush of anxiety come over me, like jumping into freezing cold water. It was the next day after we camped out on the shore of the icy ocean and everyone was just waking up. I was sitting with Bellamy around the fire, talking, when Raven told me the high-frequency radio Trevor gave us was all set up and ready to contact Arkadia. To contact my mother, Abby Griffin. I didn't move at first but when I felt Bellamy place a comforting hand on my thigh I immediately felt better.

"Come talk to her with me?" I asked. Bellamy smiled and tilted his head in a way that said 'Do you even have to ask?'

"Let's go," He said, as we both got up and followed Raven to where she set up the radio on the ATV buggy's hood. Raven went over a few things with us about the radio,

"Alright. This radio is a high-frequency one but that doesn't mean dick in a snowy wasteland, so the reception might not be to your liking but... it's something." We nodded towards her and she just looked at us. I with the microphone in my hand and Bellamy leaning against the buggy.

"Raven?" I asked, trying to get her attention. She shook her head like she was trying to snap out of it.

"Sorry, just getting flashbacks to when I first landed and had to fix up that communicator for you two." I smiled at her, remembering the earlier days of the Dropship camp before it all went sideways. Raven continued, "Y'know, The one that SOMEONE threw in a river!" She gave an accusing eye towards Bellamy, who put his hands up in surrender.

"Hey! I said I was sorry."

"I know, just busting your balls." Raven flipped a switch on the radio and then turned a knob, the sound of static coming through the speakers as she did. "Alright, if that's all you guys need I'll head out." We thanked her for her help and watched her walk away towards the rest of the group who were packing up and getting ready to continue on our journey. I was just staring at them all for what seemed like hours. Trying to build up the courage to just contact my mom. I killed 300 people to save 47 people. Two hundred and fifty-three people less than who I killed. And now? I can't even talk into a microphone with my mother who's miles and miles away from me. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder and it brought me out of my trance.

"You got this, Clarke." Bellamy's deep but soft voice lulled me back to reality. I was smiling before I even turned around to him. He returned the smile with his lips that I wanted to plant kisses on more and more each day.

"Thank you for being here." I settled with that, instead of kissing him all over. I put the mic to my mouth and pressed the button.

"Arkadia. This is Clarke Griffin. Come in Arkadia." I said that same sentence about six times before I heard the static over the speakers start to break up.